Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i want to build a nice desert truck, i want to get flared fenders and all...anywase i want to lift it higher than a normal pre-runner truck. i still would like to tow trailers. A few questions though.
*does anyone have pics of a 6 or 7in lift? not offset preferably.
*can someone show me to everything i would need to lift a GMC Canyon I-5 crew cab? preferably 7in frnt + rear

I know i sound like a newb because thats what i am!
My sisters b/f is going to guide/show me through the whole operation of lifting it.
thanks
Jeff!

·
Going UP!
2,918 Posts
This is what I posted on another thread today...

me said:
You can't go wrong with Rancho, Skyjacker, or CST. The first two offer 4" lifts and the last offers 5". That is just suspension.

Performance Accessories offers a 3" body lift.

OR you can go with a 2" lift that uses some longer rear shackles and crank on the torsion bar a bit if you have one.

The best is going to be up to you. If you are actually going to use the lift and need the clearance, go for a suspension lift. If you are going to just use it for asthetics, go with the body lift.

You can combine the two as well if you are wanting more lift than what is offered. There are guys here running 35" tires on 5" CST lift and a 3" body lift.
For a true 6-7" suspension lift, which is what you would want for a great desert running truck, you would need a custom setup.

Doing a straight axle swap up front will give you the best bet of going that high with nothing but suspension. There is no way to go that high with the front of our trucks without incorporating a body lift.

This could be a great project to undertake, but it will be a pricey one.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Don't know if you're talking about a 2wd or 4x4. It will be different. You could send a PM to pappawheely. He's got a nice desert truck with a long travel front end. It's 2wd though. I don't know of anyone making a long travel for the 4x4. Other than that, Blurred has pretty well got you covered. I think CST has stopped production though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can someone provide me links to exactly what i would need? or should i contact pappawheely for that?

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
You're options are either custom or the same lifts that work for the 4WD Z71 will work on yours.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
^^What he said. Torsion bars nix the long travel kits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts