Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo, looking into doing this.. if I can get it done for cheap enough, I am going to do it, If I cant them just building the POS auto,, so no promises.

But right now i'm just getting prices and stuff together so I have a good idea.

Here is what I know I need so far.

Tranny
Clutch
Cluster
Shifter
Master Cylinder
Slave Cylinder
PCM retuned
Plumbing (for Master/Slave cylinders)

Am I missing anything?? let me know, and if anyone has anywhere I can find a tranny of master/slave cylinders or any plumbing please let me know..

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I need to call them, we have one in town but for some reason it isn't on their site, Ill have to find the number.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
need the flywheel, but you knew that already

the cluster probably isn't necessary if you want to wait on that.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn ebay sucks, I've searched so many times for Colorado stuff and that ^^ is the most I've seen everytime I search I get 0 results.

thanks guys..

Anyone know how hard this maybe? (im hoping more have looked into it more then me lol) I know its not going to be easy, but just wondering if its going to be pain in the ass, why the hell did I do this kind of hard or not.. lol

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I've contemplated doing it but just haven't done much research on it. I don't know, some vehicles it's a fairly easy and straightforward process and some end up just being a PITA. There's no good way to know until someone steps up and does it.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I don't think it is, I think the clutch pedal assembly bolts right on to the current pedal assembly. I could be wrong though, someone with a 5 speed needs to check for us.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PCM for less can retune it for me, pretty sure I dont have to get another harness..

scrapped the Idea tho, it was gonna cost close to 1,000 just in parts and who knows what else I mite run into and need to change, just going to rebuild the auto, it is cheaper and that means I can do other stuff to the truck too..

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well a friend of mine that I used to work at the dealership with (he is still there) they are rebuilding it for me for around $500

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you put it out then pull it apart and replace all the clutches and crap and all that good stuff inside of the housing.. yeah it should be a little stronger

1 - 17 of 17 Posts