Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so my clutch is not slipping. But I am noticing difficulty changing gears on my manual shifter. I know the press clutch twice if you can't get into first gear, but I'm having a hard time shifting into gears further down the chain. So my theories are the bearings are shot in the gear box. Is there maintenance that is possible like lubrication and how difficult is it to get too?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I don't have the manual transmission, so I'll just pass the info from the Service Manual. Someone that has that transmission can correct or add to it.

The drain plug appears to be on the lower right side of the transmission and the fill plug should be on the left side about midway up. Make sure to loosen the fill plug first, before removing the drain plug. It would not be fun if you drained the fluid and then couldn't remove the fill plug for some reason. The fluid gets added until it reaches the fill plug hole.

Fluid spec:

API AI-A or GL-3 SAE 75W-90
GM P/N 89021806 (Canadian P/N 89021807)
RWD: 2.2 liters/4WD: 2.3 liters
RWD: 2.3 quarts/4WD: 2.4 quarts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was told that symptoms like you describe can manifest if you use the wrong transmission gear oil. Could this be the case?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.