Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....

I don't know if I damaged the cap on a jug of oil I bought or what....but bottom line, a jug of 5 quarts of brand new Mobil1 fell over in my truck, and leaked ALL through my carpet. The entire bottle.....

I soaked up as much as I could, but can't help feeling like it was in vain, and I should just tear out the carpet now.

Is there anything I can use that will clean as much oil out as possible without bleaching my carpet? Is it worth the effort?

Maybe I should just concede, tear it out, and herculine the interior. Wonder what the noise/heat levels would be like with no carpeting...? Anybody with any experience in that area?

·
Registered
52 Posts
tide eats oil with the enzymes it has just make it kinda pasty and let it sit for a few minutes then brush it out then blow dry it and start all over till it comes out

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I'd say trash the carpet and get a new one. Maybe that's where the new car smell comes from! :p

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think with a little elbow grease you can get it out of the carpet, but I am not sure if you will ever get it out of the pad under the carpet. If it doesn't come up out of the pad, it will bleed through every so often and cause you to have to clean the carpet some more. I am cheap, so I would probably try to clean it in vein, but would end up getting the new carpet out of frustration.

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
I would def tear it out and at least try to clean it. Soak up all that oil from the cab. Otherwise it stinks even with clean carpet, just replace it lol.

I spilled some 90W in the back of my Mustang, it still smells 4 years later... im just gonna replace the carpet.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Remove the carpet, clean the interior. Take the carpet to a spary car wash and use engine/wheel degreaser a few times and then soap and rinse. Do that a few times and it will remove the oil as well as the smell. Also the engine/tire degreaser will not hurt the carpet at all. After you do the washing, leave it in the sub to dry after towel drying it well.

Glace said:
OK....

I don't know if I damaged the cap on a jug of oil I bought or what....but bottom line, a jug of 5 quarts of brand new Mobil1 fell over in my truck, and leaked ALL through my carpet. The entire bottle.....

I soaked up as much as I could, but can't help feeling like it was in vain, and I should just tear out the carpet now.

Is there anything I can use that will clean as much oil out as possible without bleaching my carpet? Is it worth the effort?

Maybe I should just concede, tear it out, and herculine the interior. Wonder what the noise/heat levels would be like with no carpeting...? Anybody with any experience in that area?

·
Registered
390 Posts
kdrf636 said:
Score one for rubber floor covering!!!
Yea no $hit. One of the reasons I went with no carpet. Needs cleaned....open up the door and spray it out. Finished and did'nt even put a dent in a 6 pack.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Glace said:
Dude you have got to hurculine the interior. Maybe some small holes in the floor pans to drain future spills and also to see what you are driving over. Get one of those locomotive horns as well. Girl friend wants commitment? Take her for a ride and she will see how you roll beforehand and hopefully will knock off the BS. Thats what a real man would do in your situation.....do us proud bro.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts