Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided the BDS lift is too much.
Instead I'm going for maximum performance with minimum lift.
Tires- 285/70R17 Cooper STT PRO
Wheels- Method 701 Black 17 x 8.5
Peak Suspension 2.0 Coil Overs +3"
Freedom Off Road UCAs
Deaver +2" rear leaf springs
Nitro 4.10 Gears
That should work out better and a much easier install.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do the 285/70r17 not rub with the 589 bumper installed? seems you need more than 3 inch lift to make those babies fit. Nice set up tho, good luck

·
Super Moderator
3,695 Posts
Sounds like a solid setup. I would keep the lift at 2.5" or less for max performance. You lose too much down travel at higher lift.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Agree with @F8LZ71 on the lift. You should still be able to fit them with 2.5" lift (and some trimming). Unless you're just set on the 4.10 gears, I might wait and see if you need them. I think our trucks need gears to go to 35s, but 33s should be OK without. I've run 285/70r17 on both gas and diesel and had no issues with stock gears. You lose a little off the line, but not much. A tune would make it even better but isn't necessary.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have 285's on mine with 3" Icon lift and had to cut the fender all the way to the floor board for them to clear.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do the 285/70r17 not rub with the 589 bumper installed? seems you need more than 3 inch lift to make those babies fit. Nice set up tho, good luck
The bumper gives more than enough clearance. The firewall's the problem.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
On a ZR 33's clear with a good trim so a Z71 should be good at 2.5-3" lift + trim. Keep the CG as low as possible. These truck like 4.10's on 31's so 33's you may even want 4.56's.
Thread on fitting 33's.

·
Super Moderator
3,695 Posts
I have 285's on mine with 3" Icon lift and had to cut the fender all the way to the floor board for them to clear.
You probably needed more caster. At 3 you shouldn't have had to cut so much.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On a ZR 33's clear with a good trim so a Z71 should be good at 2.5-3" lift + trim. Keep the CG as low as possible. These truck like 4.10's on 31's so 33's you may even want 4.56's.
Thread on fitting 33's.
That's the big question 4.10 or 4.56

·
Registered
2,005 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
The bumper gives more than enough clearance. The firewall's the problem.
I had major rub issues in the rear of the front wheel wells with 285/75/r17s and the BDS 5.5 lift. I was able to eliminate the rub completely with an aggressive caster alignment, +4.8 degrees of caster with everything else in spec. Drives great, no clearance issues, you just need to find a shop that will do the alignment how you ask for and not argue with you about it w.r.t. what the caster will or wont do.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You probably needed more caster. At 3 you shouldn't have had to cut so much.
I am almost maxed out on my caster on both sides. And for normal driving and forest service roads I had no rub at all. Even with the wheel straight fully compressed no rub. But at full compression turned it would pull out the inner fender out. Even after cutting, when I come down hard when turned I get a little rub.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts