Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I took my 04 Z71 through a mud bog about a month ago (went through fine, never got stuck lol; definitely dropped a couple jaws) ended up frying the alternator, buddy and I put a new one in works fine but a week or so later I got a wining sound. Today same friend and I took the aftermarket out, had it tested, tested fine so we replaced the tensioner pulley, still squeals; if any one can help that would be great. My main concern is after all of that, after we hooked it all up I had a service 4wd light come on. The lights flash on briefly on start up but quickly go off and stay off. It is currently in 2wd. When its running, if you press the 2wd button you hear an electric wining sound coming from underneath but it will stop and no locking/unlocking sounds. If you start it up, press 2wd and shut it off you can hear it for a short time, about 3 seconds I'd say.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Update: I am also getting a battery indication on the dic but no dummy light.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to an autobody shop and had them scan the OBD's and the 4wd thing is a code. As far as the squeal that is still unknown.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So its been quite a while since this issue, but to do a quick follow up; I took it to a body shop because I didn't have a scanguage at the time, they cleared it and it never returned, everything works how it should. As for the squeal I had gotten the water pump, fan clutch and idler pulley, and A/C compressor replaced and it was one of those three.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.