Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice in the last two weeks I've had the 'service 4WD' message when starting the truck. Each time, it cleared after I turned it off and back on again. This morning, while driving I started getting a message saying 4WD shift in progress, and then, the message telling me to put the truck in neutral if I wanted to shift into 4WD low. I noticed the knob was slightly pushed in, probably from a knee strike, and pulled it back into the proper position. Since then I've driven it twice with no issue.

Is this worth a trip to the dealer to see if I broke the switch? Would they cover a switch replacement under warranty (I'm still below 36k miles).

Thanks!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I noticed the knob was slightly pushed in, probably from a knee strike, and pulled it back into the proper position. Since then I've driven it twice with no issue.

Is this worth a trip to the dealer to see if I broke the switch? Would they cover a switch replacement under warranty (I'm still below 36k miles).

Thanks!
If it hasn't happen since your probably okay, but the the warranty is bumper to bumper, so yes the switch is covered, even youe headlights are covered should one blow out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.