Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
2 1/2 is the most popular but I think someone had made a 3. I think speculation was that 3 is too big because the turbo outlet is only 2 1/4 and jumping to 3 that quick just adds turbulence so again, no benefit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You'd need a nasty turbo and motor to need 3.5" or 4" exhaust. I worked at Magnaflow for years when diesels got popular. A 4" downpipe was overkill on the big V8's, unless they were hot-rodded. Saw the same on turbo import cars. They like exhaust, but too big would only allow the turbo a temporary spike, they couldn't maintain the boost and power. We avoided going bigger and bigger for awhile, but the market wants what the market wants. Great times working there

·
Registered
338 Posts
From one I saw on Facebook, the 4” with stock down pipe sounds amazing. He is going to change out the down pipe. When I delete I will go 4”.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Anyone know of an exhaust system for the twins that uses 4 inch pipe from the downpipe back?
The one I saw on Facebook, is from Black Diamond exhaust kit from a 94-02 Dodge truck. Yep it’s the same bends. :grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.