Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I know the rear door speakers do not go low enough for subwoofers.
Wiring in for the front doors.

My question is, has anyone seen anything in how low the rear doors will go ?

Wiring in my 6 channel lcq, and if the rear doors will go down to 80, 100 or 120 hz then I can leave it alone, if not then I will have to do things different.
Like wire the front doors and rear doors to the rear channel on lcq, then to a 4 channel amp for front and rear doors, and can adjust frequencies and front / rear levels on doors from amp, and splicing a line to the subwoofer also, so the front door speakers will go to line in for subwoofer and f/r door speakers.
It would be best to kill those lows on the doors, you could go up higher esp if you are doing 6 Db/octave, like 500 Hz or so, it will sound cleaner and save those from getting slammed real hard. If you have an (at least 4 channel) amp for the highs why not just do it F/R?? EQ them together if you have to.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Wires all ran, everything hooked up and running, with the downfire, the rear seat barely moves, though your feet vibrate alot in the back seat lol.
The 4 dvc 10's definitely fills up the rear lol.
Take a break, then have to fill the front.
Have gains turned down till they get broke in, and have settings to play with, to get the sound I like, might throw some poly in at some point to see the difference, which I like better.

But atleast they are finally running :)
polly will make it sound WAY better, take that crap boom out of the bass.

·
Registered
16 Canyon SLT, V6, 4X4, Longbed, Cyber Metallic Gray
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
It would be best to kill those lows on the doors, you could go up higher esp if you are doing 6 Db/octave, like 500 Hz or so, it will sound cleaner and save those from getting slammed real hard. If you have an (at least 4 channel) amp for the highs why not just do it F/R?? EQ them together if you have to.
I am thinking of a 4 channel to run all 4 door speakers from the rear channel of the line out converter, and can adjust the gain on each channel of amp to adjust front doors from rear, and set frequency for doors say 120 hz and up

And a 2 channel running 4 - 3 5" speakers on dash, wish I could get a 4" in dash corner.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Why I like the sound of sealed boxes better than ported.
fill the whole box LIGHTLY/Fluffy with poly and let us know how it sounds. ;)
It will block the back wave and let the woofer do exactly what the amps tells it to do....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
fill the whole box LIGHTLY/Fluffy with poly and let us know how it sounds. ;)
It will block the back wave and let the woofer do exactly what the amps tells it to do....
Doesn't sound to bad atm ;)

Slows down the sound wave.
Usually I make baskets out of coarse window screen, and wrap around the sub basket and magnet to make sure none if the fibers could get pulled into the voice coil.
With the vegas I couole probably just hot glue a piece of screen over hole on magnet.

Debating at siliconing down a battery box in the bed.
In my crossfire, I stacked up a lithium cells, made a battery that was smaller than a lawn mower battery, but was powerful.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Bass on head unit turned off, lcq gain at half, remote for amp at 1/3, volume at 1/2

All mirrors shaking and cup in cup holder shaking and sunglasses vibrated off the dash.

This should keep me awake ;)

And back seat is fully functional.
Front door speakers not even on, with the bass on head unit off.

I spent past couple hrs trying to decide where I want to run the remote wire off of.
Then I looked at specs of the lcq, and it has remote sensing remote turn on, with a remote line out for amp, only needs constant power and ground, wish I realized that before lol.

Have alot of playing around with the settings still, everything is turned way down, till after breakin, then I will see what it will do. :)

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Bass on head unit turned off, lcq gain at half, remote for amp at 1/3, volume at 1/2

All mirrors shaking and cup in cup holder shaking and sunglasses vibrated off the dash.
Now THATS the way to listen to music. I love when Im just casually listening to some background noise and a little rice burner pulls up playing some hip-hop crap at what they think is a high volume...... then I blast up the Metallica and drown their cheap crap out.

Excellant job all around !!!! (y) :D:cool:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Stuffed the box with a medium fill this morning.

The vegas already have a screen protecting the VC

61 - 70 of 70 Posts