Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Saw this 3rd gen at4 and had to stop for pics as I didn't think they were out already and driving around

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
There are probably still some "pilot" trucks out there. NOTE: - - - not the same as so called "mules".
Sometimes, some are stationed at different dealers around the country and are used by plant and manufacturing engineering to monitor any potential issues as the trucks are driven.
It;s not all done at test tracks. Pilots can be used as early training and familiarization vehicles at dealers for service and sales departments.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Wheels way too big for an AT4. Hopefully those are just an option.
Since the bolt pattern (don't know about offset) is now the same as the fullsize, there are a whole bunch of possibilities for wheels now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At one time, GM had a testing facility in Florida. I'm not sure if they still do or not. A shot of the ass end would show if it had manufacturer's plates or not.
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Reactions: Fubar-Retiree

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
5,276 Posts
Reactions: Tom S. and leaky

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
I would wager it is a pilot off the line and one of the management people took it for a road trip to visit family in Florida for thanks giving.

This will give audit team the miles they need to check build quality or look for a number of issues. Odds are there is a number of these trucks out racking up miles to find issues.

Mules would be out of Detroit.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
I would wager it is a pilot off the line and one of the management people took it for a road trip to visit family in Florida for thanks giving.

/QUOTE]
They should pay all his/her expenses for the good buzz it creates having one on the road

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Those of us who've worked in one or more GM plants have first hand experience in Pilot vehicles and how there are utilized. The information gathered can be for assembly install/ fit and finish issues, part performance and use on the road in every day driving conditions a customer/owner might experience.

Pilot vehicles are always spread out over the country for product verification monitoring.
It's been done that way throughout the years and well known.

We had one here at our local GM dealer briefly as well.
However, I wasn't about to start snapping cell phone pics with all the dealer and official looking people crowding around it.
So, yes, indeed, a few "unintentional leaked" pictures on websites and forums is good free advertising. (y)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
5,276 Posts
Pilot vehicles are always spread out over the country for product verification monitoring.
It's been done that way for throughout the years and well known.
We had one here at out our local GM dealer briefly as well.
So, yes, indeed, a few "unintentional leaked" pictures on websites and forums is good free advertising. (y)
The other day.. Some manufacture had one of their vehicles by me... It had that wrap on it that disguises the appearance. I remember when they used to bolt of fnders ti hide the shape... Saw a vehicle once in NYC like that with New York State MFG Plates

·
Banned
2017 AT 4x4 LWN CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
4,379 Posts

This will give audit team the miles they need to check build quality or look for a number of issues. Odds are there is a number of these trucks out racking up miles to find issues.

Mules would be out of Detroit.
Your wager is supported by the other thread spotting of a silver Colorado by Wentzville, because the plates are nearly a match.

DM4-DU - Colorado Trail Boss
DM4-CX - Canyon AT4

1 - 20 of 67 Posts