Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just put on Nitto Ridge Grapplers in a 285/75/17 with comes out to 33.8x11.6r17. I had to barely trim the flare and pinch weld about .5 inch, this will clear under full stuff. Looks way better in my opinion with the wheels well full.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
wow look great!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Do you mean 285/75/17? Does it rub in the rear at full stuff? I'll be following this and see how the progress is.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
Do you mean 285/75/17? Does it rub in the rear at full stuff? I'll be following this and see how the progress is.
the size you posted are 32.8ish inches, the size he posted is 33.75ish 85 series vz 75 series

ish is cause most tire companies are different

·
Registered
218 Posts
The size you posted are 32.8ish inches, the size he posted is 33.75ish 85 series vz 75 series

Maybe on a 16" wheel. I've never seen a 285/85/17, I've seen 255/85/17. A 285/75/17 is about a 34" tire. A 285/75/16 is about a 33" tire. The ridge grappler doesn't come in a 285/85/17, that would be a 36" tire.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you click on the photos (s)he attached you can see the tire says "LT285/75R17", just a typo in the post I'm guessing. A quick check of the Nitto website shows that it is 33.86" tall and 11.26" wide.

the size you posted are 32.8ish inches, the size he posted is 33.75ish 85 series vz 75 series

Maybe on a 16" wheel. I've never seen a 285/85/17, I've seen 255/85/17. A 285/75/17 is about a 34" tire. A 285/75/16 is about a 33" tire. The ridge grappler doesn't come in a 285/85/17, that would be a 36" tire.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just put on Nitto Ridge Grapplers in a 285/85/17 with comes out to 33.8x11.6r17. I had to barely trim the flare and pinch weld about .5 inch, this will clear under full stuff. Looks way better in my opinion with the wheels well full.
Awesome to see it fits! I have a set of 285/75R17 Toyo ATII Extremes I'd like to run on mine :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Road noise is barely more than the stock tires, far less than any of the aggressive tires I have had in the past. I played a little in the driveway last night stuffing the tires. Surprisingly the rear actually hit under full stuff. The fronts get really close but they clear.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
How is the power with the 34s and the diesel? I want to go with the 285/75/17 as well, but worried about the stock 3.42 gearing. The only aftermarket gearing is Nitro's 4.56 and I think that would be a little much. Is the rear rubbing just on the front of the rear fender flare? Truck looks great BTW.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
My 285/70r17s rub deep into the flare when actually hitting things at speed with lower psi, and I'm leveled 1.5 inches. Be prepared to cut a lot with another inch of diameter. Looks cool though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I own a body shop so cutting doesn't scare me at all when needed. But so far nothing touches in dips or normal driving. I will get off road this weekend and see if I need to trim more than I have. If you have different wheels or spacers this would not work for sure. The OEM wheel backspacing lets it clear perfectly keeping it tucked in as far as possible.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I own a body shop so cutting doesn't scare me at all when needed. But so far nothing touches in dips or normal driving. I will get off road this weekend and see if I need to trim more than I have. If you have different wheels or spacers this would not work for sure. The OEM wheel backspacing lets it clear perfectly keeping it tucked in as far as possible.

Yeah I've already cut metal on mine because of my aftermarket wheels. They were hitting going straight though when rubbing. But it's hidden behind the plastic and I have no rubbing anywhere at all now! If you own a body shop you're set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
I own a body shop so cutting doesn't scare me at all when needed.
If you do any later modifications to eliminate rubbing, would you mind snapping a few pics.

·
Registered
115 Posts
How is the power with the 34s and the diesel? I want to go with the 285/75/17 as well, but worried about the stock 3.42 gearing. The only aftermarket gearing is Nitro's 4.56 and I think that would be a little much. Is the rear rubbing just on the front of the rear fender flare? Truck looks great BTW.
I'd also be curious about how the power feels with the big tires?

·
Registered
218 Posts
As far as power goes, no noticeable change around town. I have a small trip this weekend I will report back after.
Any updates after some time on the 34s?

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.