Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab 5ft
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had tried fitting 33x12.5 tires on the stock 18x8.5 GMC Canyon Slt wheels. I'm currently running the 6 inch RC suspension lift and 1.5 inch wheel spacers. I just really like the look of the stock wheels and wanted to try and keep them since I don't really do much off roading. any help is appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Car
Car Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle
I ran 33x12.50s on stock 15x7 rims for a long time with zero problems.
I posted all the pictures I could find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
I think you'll be fine with 6" of lift and 1.5" wheel spacers running 33x12.5s. People can run that tire size with a minor trim kit from AEV with no lift...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you'll be fine with 6" of lift and 1.5" wheel spacers running 33x12.5s. People can run that tire size with a minor trim kit from AEV with no lift...
You're right I wasn't too worried about rubbing, I was more so asking if the 33x12's would sit fine on the factory 18x8.5 wheel and im gonna go get them switched on tomorrow

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
You're right I wasn't too worried about rubbing, I was more so asking if the 33x12's would sit fine on the factory 18x8.5 wheel and im gonna go get them switched on tomorrow
Oh yeah. I ran 33x12.5 in 16x8 wheels on my jeep, and many people are running that size tire on 17 or 18" wheels on Colorados/canyons.

Upload some pics if you get a chance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts