Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... bear with me here.

I installed the RC 2" leveling kit, however my 275's have a slight rub, I'm wondering if I can Keep the ring, take off the black 1" spacer and add a 2" spacer from Supreme suspensions in order to achieve 3" total.

RC :

2-inch Leveling Lift Kit for 2015-2017 Chevy Colorado / GMC Canyon [922] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

So I would be taking off the black 1" strut spacer and keeping the 1" ring =1"

and adding a 2" strut spacer for total of 3"

and I'm thinking of finishing it off with a diff drop kit, maybe more than this allows

https://autospringkits.com/product/2015-2017-gmc-canyonchevy-colorado-front-differential-drop-kit/

Does anybody see any problems or things that may not work based on this? :serious:

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'm sure if it was to be accomplished, you'd probably have to get some new upper control arms as I'm sure you'd be pushing the limits of the angle in the upper ball joints

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
802 Posts
or you could keep the set up as is and you could add a body lift and avoid the ball joint issues. That should help clear the rub.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
RC BL cured my rubbing issues

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Can't do body lift on Diesel, also rubbing is on frame
Push wheels out by either getting aftermarket wheels with proper offset or wheel spacers (cheese ball).

If you are going more than 2”, you should probably get aftermarket upper a arms that can handle more articulation and longer coilovers....

If none of these options are to your liking...good luck...

Reactions: Brayan Rosales

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
That's why I went with 1" taller but factory width. No rubbing issues.

Man, I wish I could say that. I have a 2" Bilstein RHA setup on my 18 Z71. I mounted 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W and I get rubbing on the frame when I make a sharp right hand turn. It's the only place the tires rub. I was hoping a wheel alignment might help....Thoughts?

·
Registered
108 Posts
i left the preload ring when i swapped the strut spacer for an adjustable one. i havent had any issues yet but that doesnt mean much. ive put about 8k miles and a year since then.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Reactions: Brayan Rosales

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Can't do body lift on Diesel, also rubbing is on frame
If you add an another inch higher lift, it's going to rub worse than it is now. With this type of lift, it pulls the wheels in closer to the frame as you go up. You need to push the wheels out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Man, I wish I could say that. I have a 2" Bilstein RHA setup on my 18 Z71. I mounted 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W and I get rubbing on the frame when I make a sharp right hand turn. It's the only place the tires rub. I was hoping a wheel alignment might help....Thoughts?
I'm pretty sure the GMC wheels are wider than the Chevy's, so there's going to be some difference in offset there. Our tires should be the same dimensions, but there are a lot of variances in tires so that could have something to do with it. I'm running 265/65R18 Dueler A/T RH-S.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I'm pretty sure the GMC wheels are wider than the Chevy's, so there's going to be some difference in offset there. Our tires should be the same dimensions, but there are a lot of variances in tires so that could have something to do with it. I'm running 265/65R18 Dueler A/T RH-S.
All factory wheels have the +33 offset. All 17's are 8" wide, and 18's are 8.5" with both brands.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you add an another inch higher lift, it's going to rub worse than it is now. With this type of lift, it pulls the wheels in closer to the frame as you go up. You need to push the wheels out.
All factory wheels have the +33 offset. All 17's are 8" wide, and 18's are 8.5" with both brands.
on my last truck I tried adding 1.5" spacers, however they ended uop rubbing on the mudflap, I'm thinking I can go 265/70r17(next time) but Jacqson s having problems with that size as well

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm sure if it was to be accomplished, you'd probably have to get some new upper control arms as I'm sure you'd be pushing the limits of the angle in the upper ball joints

Any ideas on how I can get longer control arms coilovers without buying a 1k lift?

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Any ideas on how I can get longer control arms coilovers without buying a 1k lift?
$599- $699 for UCA's from Dirt King & Baja Kits.

Plus, with the 1K, 4"+ lift kit's, you need to upgrade to high offset 18" wheels & tires for clearances, for another ~$2K:frown2:.

That's why folks are going with +0 - +18mm offset wheels to stay away from adapters, and sacrifice the splash guards.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
on my last truck I tried adding 1.5" spacers, however they ended uop rubbing on the mudflap, I'm thinking I can go 265/70r17(next time) but Jacqson s having problems with that size as well

Brayan, I will have my Z71 tomorrow with the 265/65R/17 GY Duratracs mounted on the truck. I really wanted the 265/70R/17's Falkens because I liked the look, but after installing 265/65 Duratracs it still looks extremely good. Even though we all like to have our trucks kind of show our personalities and taste sometimes there are certain things we cannot do because of vehicle design mostly. I'm more of a function guy than a "what my truck looks like guy" (even though that's a factor) so it was more important to me that my tires didn't hit the frame when the suspension was active and for the sake of about 1/2" of tire height, it just wasn't worth it. I'll try and post some pics tomorrow or the next day at the latest, of the truck with the 265/65's.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I think dirt king and someone else makes control arms.

$599- $699 for UCA's from Dirt King & Baja Kits.

Plus, with the 1K, 4"+ lift kit's, you need to upgrade to high offset 18" wheels & tires for clearances, for another ~$2K:frown2:.

That's why folks are going with +0 - +18mm offset wheels to stay away from adapters, and sacrifice the splash guards.

Jeebus. that's alot of dough. I plan to keeping my wheels, I finally got the OEM wheels I like

Brayan, I will have my Z71 tomorrow with the 265/65R/17 GY Duratracs mounted on the truck. I really wanted the 265/70R/17's Falkens because I liked the look, but after installing 265/65 Duratracs it still looks extremely good. Even though we all like to have our trucks kind of show our personalities and taste sometimes there are certain things we cannot do because of vehicle design mostly. I'm more of a function guy than a "what my truck looks like guy" (even though that's a factor) so it was more important to me that my tires didn't hit the frame when the suspension was active and for the sake of about 1/2" of tire height, it just wasn't worth it. I'll try and post some pics tomorrow or the next day at the latest, of the truck with the 265/65's.
I agree, I'm with you on it being practical. and the modifications i was thinking of seem like too much work, I put 30k miles on these KO2's (275/70r17) with my lemon rubbing and all.

I think next time I need tires, i'll Ko2 265/70r17 Load Rating C - Plus they are 10 pounds lighter

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.