Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
I was running errands yesterday, and caught sight of a white Z71 with the Trail Boss kit and black striping, including the hood decal getting off of I-76 in Akron. Is that someone who is a member here?

·
Super Moderator
5,044 Posts
Updated the title and stickied as I like this idea, it's a fun topic on other boards and I dont think we have a "sighting" topic yet.

Saw another 2nd gen? Think it may have been or wonder if they are a member?

Post it here. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
When I had just gotten my Canyon and it was still wearing a Laura Buick GMC plate, I saw a Canyon All Terrain with a Laura plate turning left off of Parker Road, right here where I live. We had both done fly and buys to get our trucks, and gave each other an enthusiastic wave!

If you are in Colorado and ever see a Bronze Canyon SLT diesel with Green Diesel Engineering and "GOATS" (Gunnison off road riding club) stickers on the back window, that is me :smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I had just gotten my Canyon and it was still wearing a Laura Buick GMC plate, I saw a Canyon All Terrain with a Laura plate turning left off of Parker Road, right here where I live. We had both done fly and buys to get our trucks, and gave each other an enthusiastic wave!

If you are in Colorado and ever see a Bronze Canyon SLT diesel with Green Diesel Engineering and "GOATS" (Gunnison off road riding club) stickers on the back window, that is me :smile:

That may have been me. I live in Parker and did the Laura GMC fly and buy for my All Terrain in August.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
That may have been me. I live in Parker and did the Laura GMC fly and buy for my All Terrain in August.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This was in March, maybe early April of '17. It would seem there are 3 of us in the area. :grin2:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updated the title ans stickied as I like this idea, it's a fun topic on other boards and I dont hink we have a "sighting" topic yet.

Saw another 2nd gen? Think it may have been or wonder if they are a member?

Post it here. :grin2:

COOL!! Last thing I expected was to get one of my posts stickied to the top. :grin2:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am based out of Deptford NJ. I pass a lowered, black canyon, windows very dark tinted. I wave, can’t see if they do. I often see a Colorado at the Runnemede Police station. I see my twin truck at the local Heritages, only he doesn’t have havoc h2s on his LT. Yesterday on the way home, I had an awesome ZR2 behind me for quite some ways. Thumbs up as he passes by.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I see 3 Colorado’s pass by my work every day 2 lazer blue ones like mine ones a work truck and ones a Z71 and a orange Colorado that I think is an LT. I also pass by a red Colorado LT everyday on my way home.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Finally seeing more in So Ca Ventura area! and some Duramax!

Very rare sightings when I took delivery in Feb 2016, seemed like Tacos were everywhere. Still a lot of Tacos but seeing more and more twins

Very nice white Collie in Moorpark area, lifted, wheels, a gray stock Canyon Duramax in the same area.....

and.... On my street (a short 12 house cul de sac) in addition to my Canyon, we have another red Canyon and a white Collie....

We have 3 twins on our 12 house block.... Hey! more twins than Tacos!

Always get excited to see another twin!

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Twins are a dime a dozen around here.

Spotted a Union Pacific Rail Colorado with the bed delete and a specialty bed installed Thursday over in Arlington.

See mostly Colorados, variety of drivers. Most of the extended cabs I see are in Fleet usage. ZR2 models are still fairly rare, as are diesels.

I am surprised the number of Colorados I see with some level of customization, larger tires, lifts, etc.

Still probably see more Tacos, but then, they have made the same exact truck for what, 15 years almost. I can't tell the difference between the different model years.

·
Registered
160 Posts
TRAIL SIGHTING! I see a lot on the road here in Phoenix but was happily surprised to spot one on the trail. ZR1, the guy had owned it for just a month. I was sporting my Cherokee SJ, so no twin pics..

He said it was doing really well off road. It was a pretty easy trail but certainly not a graded dirt road.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I see tons of twins everywhere I go, but I see a white ZR2 between Truckee and Tahoe City California when I'm in that neighborhood, and I think it's a guy on this forum. He posted pics of testing it in the snow.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
There's one in my garage right now! I saw it!

But seriously, heard a diesel ZR2 rattle by Best Buy yesterday. Kind of startled me hearing that thing.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
See a ton of Collie/Canyons, when ya live a few miles from the plant.
See several ZR2's, quite often, dark red with wheel spacers, Charcoal gray and a black one. Did see a light red one last week on Jungerman, I was drivng the wifes new dark red Jeep Overland High Altitude..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Fairfield, NJ

I was actually cut-off by a new 2nd gen, light-colored CO at the intersection of Passaic Ave and W. Greebrook Rd.

The truck was coming out of the office complex that is alongside Caldwell (Essex Co.) Airport, that houses Fischer Aviation, Science Applications Int. among others. It continued north/east on Passaic, over the Rt. 46 overpass, at which point I had to make a turn.

BUT, they reason I'm posting here is because the truck had the rally stripes that I want and cannot find! The were black but had some red incorporated.

Dude, if you're a member here, please PM with the source for those stripes, they're awesome!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Two in our neighborhood (he's not on here). One on the main road outside the neighborhood. Dozens of fleet vehicles and private vehicles, several ZR2's in the general area but the only diesel I've seen is mine. Only dealer who had diesels (4) in stock was the one I bought from. All the others said I could order one.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Saw a black long box diesel Canyon in Denver recently. 1st one that is just like my truck I have seen. Seeing tons of Colorado WTs with business graphics on them, seems the WT is selling well to business.

·
Registered
98 Posts

I'll be traveling around CO (from Jersey) in two weeks. Won't have my Colorado with me, but I'll sure keep an eye out!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
29 Participants
TwoScoops
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing