Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has experience with stock suspension running 265/65R17? It'll be winter tires so I doubt the side lugs will be too crazy.

I'm also thinking about getting some new wheels and talking with tirerack.com they suggested picking wheels with offset from 18-25mm, which seems to have a backspacing of about 5.5". However, I have my eyes set on a set of wheels with 0 offset and according to the info page it has about 5" backspacing.

Any help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has experience with stock suspension running 265/65R17? It'll be winter tires so I doubt the side lugs will be too crazy.

I'm also thinking about getting some new wheels and talking with tirerack.com they suggested picking wheels with offset from 18-25mm, which seems to have a backspacing of about 5.5". However, I have my eyes set on a set of wheels with 0 offset and according to the info page it has about 5" backspacing.

Any help will be appreciated!
265 65 17 with KMC XD301 wheels. BFGood rich all terrain tires. No rubbing. No issues.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYjfeTTAKf-/?taken-by=dee379

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 4x4 canyon with 265-60-18. I found 17 in. wheels off a Colorado and put on 265-65-17 copper at3 10 ply. The tpms sensors came from the Colorado and they matched up with the canyon. No rubbing!! Great tires!!

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
The Midnight and Trailboss editions come with 265/65-r17 DuraTracs from the factory, so no issues should be had.

Reactions: maxbee25

·
Registered
67 Posts
The question with 265/65r17 on stock suspension and wheels is, can we still put snow chains with no issues?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.