Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am currently deciding if I wanted to install a 225 or 235 onto my 2010 Chevy Colorado 4x2 Lt. Would I have a problem with rubbing by installing 235's as apposed to using 225's? Thank you.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I've run both 225 and 235 street tires without issues. the Michelins were super comfortable and quiet. the Destination LE2 were my second best tire purchase.

225 70 16.PNG 235 70 16.PNG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. I am planning on using truck tires instead of car tires. Any brand or type of truck tire you would recommend for either size listed?

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
so you want a e-rated (LT) tire instead of a c or d rated(P) tire? the Michellins and Firestones mentioned above come in both

Are you looking for an AT tire, mud tire, hybrid tire, street tire, tire to rock crawl, tow?

another words we need to know what you plan on doing with the truck, before we can give advise on what tire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking for an all season tire, so I am not sure exactly what rating that would fit in. I should also mention that current tire on my truck is a 100 T.

·
Registered
686 Posts
  1. just A few thoughts ... your speedo will be off, I use a free Speedometer app to compare the difference. Also, If you have the 2.9L enigine /auto transmission, it may be too much tire = loss of power and gas mileage ...Pretty sure LT tires are overkill ... unless you’re towing/hauling heavy loads, SL range should be fine.
  2. 100T.
  3. 100 = 1,764 lbs per tire
  4. T = safe up to 118 mph

1 - 6 of 6 Posts