Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
10,705 Posts
Anybody lower a 22 WT?
I'm sure there has been one 2022 WT lowered, do you have one?
Do you have questions , some thing pertaining to lowering or questions about the WT
all 2wd models have same suspension so if lowering it does not matter what model

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure there has been one 2022 WT lowered, do you have one?
Do you have questions , some thing pertaining to lowering or questions about the WT
all 2wd models have same suspension so if lowering it does not matter what model
I do have one. 22 rear suspension has had a change from 21 and back. Beltech has the kit for 21 and back. Not for 22 2WD. I use the truck very little 2200 miles in 7 months because it is not ez to get anything in or out of the bed. The integrated step bumper is difficult to navigate and I am 5'9". Standing beside the truck bed reaching anything over the side rail is difficult at best. Beltech said the 1100sp kit will work with some modifications, but would not elaborate what mods. What he actually said was we have had people make it work, not one that have tried.

· Registered
10,705 Posts
I do have one. 22 rear suspension has had a change from 21 and back. Beltech has the kit for 21 and back. Not for 22 2WD. I use the truck very little 2200 miles in 7 months because it is not ez to get anything in or out of the bed. The integrated step bumper is difficult to navigate and I am 5'9". Standing beside the truck bed reaching anything over the side rail is difficult at best. Beltech said the 1100sp kit will work with some modifications, but would not elaborate what mods. What he actually said was we have had people make it work, not one that have tried.

Chevy did not make any changes with the rear suspension between 2021 and 2022.
Most companies have not updated there websites as since 2021
some one just lowered their truck,

22 lowering | Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
Jan 23, 2023

Best method of lowering | Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
https://www.coloradofans.com › threads › best-method-...

Jul 5, 2018 — I have a 2016 Colorado extended cab that I want to lower 2in in front and 3in in rear. Who makes the best lower kit?
Lowered/Tuned Trucks!! - Colorado Fans
Mar 6, 2020
Lowered Colorados/Canyons | Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
Nov 5, 2016
Jan 23, 2023
2nd gen tires/lowering | Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
Nov 29, 2020
More results from www.coloradofans.com

Reactions: Montana_Actual

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Jan 23, 2023

Jul 5, 2018 — I have a 2016 Colorado extended cab that I want to lower 2in in front and 3in in rear. Who makes the best lower kit?
Mar 6, 2020
Nov 5, 2016
Jan 23, 2023
Nov 29, 2020
  • Here is the recent research I did.............. Beltech said the know about the change for 22 and will be working on it soon, that was 2 months ago.
    • 2022 rear suspension.......................Semi-Elliptic, 2-Stage,
    • 2021 and back ................Multi-Leaf

• ulti-Leaf

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Jan 23, 2023

Mar 6, 2020
Nov 5, 2016
Jan 23, 2023
Nov 29, 2020
These are all very old threads.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are tons of results for 2nd gen. 2015-2022.

See above post with the results from utilizing the search function.
I went through every post NONE are 22 model year. I took my truck to Stanley Spring co in Harrisburg pa. The worlds largest producer of springs. The man said nothing they can do to lower it because of the 22 change gm made.

· Registered
10,705 Posts
Per GM's website on

2020 Chevy Colorado rear axle
solid axle with semi-elliptic two-stage multi-leaf springs; twin-tube shocks; G80 automatic-locking axle std. on Z71, avail. on WT and LT

2022 Chevy Colorado rear axle
Solid axle with semi-elliptic two-stage multi-leaf springs; twin-tube shocks; G80 automatic-locking axle std. on Z71, avail. on WT and LT

exact same thing, a set of leaf springs, see if I can find the guy who just lowered his 2022

semi-elliptcal means they have a positive arch to them, aka, not flat
mutlt-stage means each leaf has a different load ratings...

Reactions: Montana_Actual

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Per GM's website on

solid axle with semi-elliptic two-stage multi-leaf springs; twin-tube shocks; G80 automatic-locking axle std. on Z71, avail. on WT and LT

Solid axle with semi-elliptic two-stage multi-leaf springs; twin-tube shocks; G80 automatic-locking axle std. on Z71, avail. on WT and LT

exact same thing, a set of leaf springs, see if I can find the guy who just lowered his 2022

Awesome thank you

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Per GM's website on

On my way out will check back later thanks again.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Per GM's website on

Morning
Any luck finding the guy who did a 22?

· Registered
10,705 Posts
Morning
Any luck finding the guy who did a 22?
did not look since the 17 through 22's are all the same and lots of threads on the forum on lowered trucks

· Registered
10,705 Posts
So you think know more than the professionals at Beltech. So anyhow My Bad I'll be moving on. No need to get into a pissing match. Life's too short.
Nope not at all, maybe they thought you meant 2023,
have you physicaly looked under a 205 -2021 and compardd it to your 2022?

If you look at the installation instructions what they do to lower the rear 1-2 inches is remove one leaf with new clamps and shims to correct diff angle for the drive shaft
to get the 4 inches they relocate the springs under the axle.
I would not go to a spring shop and tell them .
"my truck has eliptical springs and the years prior have leaf springs can you lower it?"

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nope not at all, maybe they thought you meant 2023,
have you physicaly looked under a 205 -2021 and compardd it to your 2022?

If you look at the installation instructions what they do to lower the rear 1-2 inches is remove one leaf with new clamps and shims to correct diff angle for the drive shaft
to get the 4 inches they relocate the springs under the axle.
I would not go to a spring shop and tell them .
"my truck has eliptical springs and the years prior have leaf springs can you lower it?"
I took the truck to world renowned Stanley springs. They got under the truck and said that there is nothing that can be none without a kit designed for a 22 model year. He said he could re arch the springs but no idea what the results would be once done. He did say they have done lots of 21 and back Colorados and Canyons over the years.
I have not looked under any others myself, maybe I'll see if I can find one here locally to look at.
Thanks for your help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts