Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
4,878 Posts
Think just needs a Black grill

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have several models less chrome. Just buy one of them.
I will put up with the chrome :). I really have my eye on another Canyon Denali. It has most everything I was hoping for. Heads-up display, adaptive cruise, front camera (and more), pushbutton start. I am leery of the little things that happen with the first model year of a new generation vehicle, but we always seem to buy anyway.

Bill

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
474 Posts
Never really liked the Canyon. Until now. I think it looks better than the Colorado. At least in some trims and colors

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the second gen, I prefer the more sporty exterior of the Colorado and the padded dash interior of the Canyon, but for the third gen, I like everything about the Canyon

Bill

Reactions: Abe17ZR2

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm surprised this thing doesn't have a huge air dam that is 1" off the ground? You think the final production versions will have one?
I think the lower part of the front end is designed to do the same thing as the ugly 2nd gen air dam. I have not seen it on any of the preproduction Canyons, however there might be a small one on some versions of the Colorados. It's hard to tell from the videos and photos

Bill

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm surprised this thing doesn't have a huge air dam that is 1" off the ground? You think the final production versions will have one?
doubtful, its pretty clear to see that the Gen3 were designed to be more of a Tacoma competitor and are geared more to over landing and off-road use then actually being a truck. the Gen2 was more of a working commuter truck

·
Registered
2015 Colorado Crew V6 2x4
549 Posts
Great looking truck. I love those wheels. Can't wait to see the Denali in other colors like the dark metallic red, silver and white. I'm sure some colors won't be available for Denali, like the blue.

As others have said, those step boards are pretty terrible. The board itself is just fine (pretty much exactly like what I have now) but hanging down that far is not good. I'd have to replace those with something else if at all possible.

A dark chrome or colored grill option for the Denali would be ideal. I also hope a black GMC logo is an option, because that's what I want lol.

·
Registered
2021 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 crew cab, short bed
62 Posts
I have the exact running boards and I like the look, second isn't the Denali the "luxury street" version, so it doesn't matter if the running boards are low and reduce your ground clearance for off-roading since the Denali is supposed to be the in town/street version? I have the same black plastic with black pads running boards 5" and I step right over them they are just for looks like most of the Denali accessories

·
Registered
2022 Canyon Denali
8 Posts
I have a 22 Denali with 20" wheels. Stock running boards are useless, especially for someone that's 5' 2". My wife had a difficult time reaching the steps before I changed them out to AMP Research units. Not only is it safer for her, but the truck looks better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the exact running boards and I like the look, second isn't the Denali the "luxury street" version, so it doesn't matter if the running boards are low and reduce your ground clearance for off-roading since the Denali is supposed to be the in town/street version? I have the same black plastic with black pads running boards 5" and I step right over them they are just for looks like most of the Denali accessories
I have a 22 Denali with 20" wheels. Stock running boards are useless, especially for someone that's 5' 2". My wife had a difficult time reaching the steps before I changed them out to AMP Research units. Not only is it safer for her, but the truck looks better.

While I agree with both of you that the function of those pictured are questionable....do you think your experience would be different with a 2" factory lift?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts