Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else put a deposit down for a 2023 already?

I contacted my local dealership and they already have a preorder deposit list and are taking names. They informed me they won’t charge an ADM on ordered vehicles and just have their delivery/paperwork fee. Fine. Went ahead and put down the refundable deposit.

I’m excited, but anxious to see what pricing is.

· Registered
530 Posts
So when is a realistic time that we will start to see this trucks? My dad is in the market for a new truck and thought he might like one but not sure how long he is willing to wait.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Late winter/spring is a likely guess for deliveries with GM saying production is beginning in January.

For new popular vehicles getting a reserved spot is kind of the deal right now. People still want corvettes and cant get them, people have had bronco’s on order for over a year. They closed the order window for 2023 Ford Mavericks after 5 days because demand was so high. Sure there may not be the demand for the Colorado and there may be exceptions, but I’ve been waiting about a year for supply chain to catch up to get a new vehicle and it hasn’t as of yet.

· Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
6,058 Posts
Keep us informed of any status changes of this.
Will be interesting to see how it all plays out

Reactions: HED

· Registered
723 Posts
Any dealership that is charging > than msrp on a Colorado/Canyon should be called out and blacklisted. Maybe you can't do it here but I'd suggest Facebook. It may be OK on a corvette or something, and yes it occurs on other brands, but not GM. Promptly tell them to FO and find another dealership.

I'll say my immediate family bought x3 GMs during these shortages, a loaded full size, a loaded Traverse, and my Colorado - only once did a dealership suggest they might mark up > MSRP but it was a push to get me to take a truck that just came in (which I declined and payed a little < msrp elsewhere, same as the other 2).

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It might be the case that I’m being overly cautious with getting in line (note: I’m #5 in line at this dealership so there is a good bit of interest), but I don’t see how it could hurt other than first year teething issues - which should hopefully be minimal as the engine and drivetrain isnt really new other than the updated transmission.

And yeah, I have a salesman whom I’ve been in contact with and he’ll call me when he hears anything about order books opening.

If the dealership tries to pull any shenanigans especially at time of purchase I’ll call them out and promptly get my deposit back. However I don’t expect that to be the case.

· Registered
2015 Colorado Crew V6 2x4
635 Posts
I will admit, that normally I'd not feel a bit need to get on some sort of wait list for this truck. But I'm a little worried about shortages causing delays, or more specifically causing constraints on certain packages. For example, lets say I want to order a Canyon. Ok that's fine, but if you want the "High Elevation" package (Not sure if that will be an actual thing on these 2023 models) it includes 'xyz' part which is on constraint, and so that will add x amount of months to your wait time.

· Registered
723 Posts
I will admit, that normally I'd not feel a bit need to get on some sort of wait list for this truck. But I'm a little worried about shortages causing delays, or more specifically causing constraints on certain packages. For example, lets say I want to order a Canyon. Ok that's fine, but if you want the "High Elevation" package (Not sure if that will be an actual thing on these 2023 models) it includes 'xyz' part which is on constraint, and so that will add x amount of months to your wait time.
On the flip side these likely will be the most expensive versions of these trucks by a large margin - still supply shortages plus an anticipated price increase. Maybe I'm wrong, but I anticipate +10% (they didn't raise the prices much in recent times) plus dealers getting full MSRP for awhile into '23.

Hey sometimes we just don't care and that makes sense as well. You want that truck, pay an extra 4k to get it. I've bought plenty of expensive things that way without compromise.

But at some point, and likely during 2023, all of the sudden dealers will find themselves with unsold vehicles slowly increasing in numbers on the lot, and the ability to order whatever, and accordingly prices will fall below sticker (like you may pay the same for a '23 that folks did for '22s).

· Registered
10,705 Posts
It is BS by some lowlife dealers. The good ones are more like this:
Okay, I thought it may have been admin fees, our state regulates how much any dealer used or new, can charge for admin fees.
Not sure about Chevy but the Ford Jeep/Ram dealers near me do not charge over msrp.
A buddy just bought a diesel Tahoe and drove aways to a dealer that was not charging over msrp

· Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
1,217 Posts
I stopped by a ford dealership recently and they had an Xl regular cab f150 marked up 7k. The few charges I remember were $500 for nitro air, $1000 for some dealer installed “security system”, and $5000 for “dealership markup”. Literally 7k in markups on a basic bare bones work truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 58 Posts