Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Colorado V6 Crew Cab Long Bed
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
136 Posts
Any News on the 2023 Press Release Date ? ?

Heard today that Ford is releasing a youtube Ranger '23 promotion video on Nov-22

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Got an exclusive look at the new 2023 Colorado today. Wanted to take pics but we were not allowed to until the official GM release.
I will say that the interior is light years ahead of any mid size yet, absolutely fantastic, lots of soft touch materials and more of an upscale feeling. Very much like the new 2022 1/2 ton interiors.
Exterior is amazing in my opinion, but I will wait to see if anyone agrees. Won't be long before the public gets a look at the new mid size.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Got an exclusive look at the new 2023 Colorado today. Wanted to take pics but we were not allowed to until the official GM release.
I will say that the interior is light years ahead of any mid size yet, absolutely fantastic, lots of soft touch materials and more of an upscale feeling. Very much like the new 2022 1/2 ton interiors.
Exterior is amazing in my opinion, but I will wait to see if anyone agrees. Won't be long before the public gets a look at the new mid size.
hopefylly the screen and everrything that comes with it will be a stand alone option

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
hopefylly the screen and everrything that comes with it will be a stand alone option
The problem with new "anything" these days is that even your basic models are packed with electronics, no getting around it. The mind set of this generation is screen and more screens. Driving nannies are a must in vehicles today because of all the distraction a vehicle displays in front of you. Unfortunate, but true.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
The problem with new "anything" these days is that even your basic models are packed with electronics, no getting around it. The mind set of this generation is screen and more screens. Driving nannies are a must in vehicles today because of all the distraction a vehicle displays in front of you. Unfortunate, but true.
I know, it is just over whelming for what I use and I was really just joking

I just sat in a 2022=23 Jeep Grand Cherokee Wagoneer at $102K it comes with flushable toilets, almost
Family has hybrid Infinity's and a Tesla and the dash's are amazing

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
The mind set of this generation is screen and more screens.
Ditto almost any tech--one of my repeated complaints. Keyless ignition, automatic climate, dampened tailgates, automatic liftgates on SUVs---people want it because of the gee whiz effect. All F'n annoying crap to me that I'd rather not have. Even keyless door locks are a pain sometimes, unlocking this door but not that door, or opening the door when you're washing the car rather than just letting you clean the handle.

The problem is sometimes to get some useful option you have to buy into all that useless crap.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I know, it is just over whelming for what I use and I was really just joking

I just sat in a 2022=23 Jeep Grand Cherokee Wagoneer at $102K it comes with flushable toilets, almost
Family has hybrid Infinity's and a Tesla and the dash's are amazing
I like the new Frontier for its simplistic ( in today's standards) interior, comfy yet not gaudy , nice naturally aspirated V6 and and stout 9 speed. I also like the exterior lines. When all the rest are going 4 turbo, you can at least get a V6 in a mid size for a few more years in the Frontier. We will see what Tacoma brings next update. Hope one of the mid sizers has a diesel option.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Ditto almost any tech--one of my repeated complaints. Keyless ignition, automatic climate, dampened tailgates, automatic liftgates on SUVs---people want it because of the gee whiz effect. All F'n annoying crap to me that I'd rather not have. Even keyless door locks are a pain sometimes, unlocking this door but not that door, or opening the door when you're washing the car rather than just letting you clean the handle.

The problem is sometimes to get some useful option you have to buy into all that useless crap.
Yep. Hold on to that 89 Ranger you have, it is the last of the simple trucks.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
Yep. Hold on to that 89 Ranger you have, it is the last of the simple trucks.
I plan to. During Cash For Clunkers I woke up after a nightmare where I had traded it in. It took me several seconds to realize it was just a bad dream. I actually spent considerable $$$ on maintenance during that program (brakes, clutch, slave cylinder, valve cover gaskets, etc.) rather than trading it in on something new.

And even getting the Colorado instead of a full size meant that there was still space in our three car garage which requires tandem parking for two vehicles. That was a huge bonus. I was already trading in one car I liked to get the Colorado, and I didn't want to get rid of two (but I did have a possible good home planned just in case).

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I plan to. During Cash For Clunkers I woke up after a nightmare where I had traded it in. It took me several seconds to realize it was just a bad dream. I actually spent considerable $$$ on maintenance during that program (brakes, clutch, slave cylinder, valve cover gaskets, etc.) rather than trading it in on something new.

And even getting the Colorado instead of a full size meant that there was still space in our three car garage which requires tandem parking for two vehicles. That was a huge bonus. I was already trading in one car I liked to get the Colorado, and I didn't want to get rid of two (but I did have a possible good home planned just in case).
I still see more 2005-2011 Ranger pickups in great shape on the road than the 2nd Gen twins. My 2006 Sport Ranger with the 3.0L is still going strong at 250,000 kms. The body has no rust and original blue paint. Cars don't rust very fast here in the dry sun belt of the Okanagan valley. I sold the Ranger a few years back to a friend, he ended up buying a new 2021 F150 and sold Ranger to his girlfriends son. It still keeps on running.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Recently read a GM Authority article that suggests the '23's will switch to the same Model/Trim selections as now available on the '22 Sierra. For example Z71 being a package not a trim level. Adding a LTZ trim, possible Trail Boss trims, and maybe a High Country (high price) trim.

Looking at the '22 Sierra build/configuration tool it seems more confusing on how to find/purchase the specific features one is after compared to the historical Colorado Trims. Another red-flag, and this might just be due to the current supply chain issues, is the Trail Boss model/trim is only available on Crew Cab trucks :(

And as always the front/rear electronic lockers are only possible with a ZR2.
Just a rear locker works fine for 99% of my off-roading but I really hate the
jerk/jump when the mechanical decides to lock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Saw the 2023 Colorado. It has the ugliest front end I have ever seen. Nothing else is close. Looks like the designers agree, and decided to just hide everything under flat black paint, so we wouldn’t notice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you know if they made the interior bigger? Like the back seat area? Have any specs?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts