Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
i've been waiting for the 2023 models, i'm not an off road guy so i'll more then likely be getting a Denali again but i'm tired of the v6s low end and the 8 speed just leaves me worried about its longevity

As a prospecting 2023 buyer, I have been waiting for this! But based on what the video reveals so far, I am slightly disappointed. It's ugly.

Guess I will wait to see what the AT4X looks like.
would likely look better with a long box, i never liked the baby twins with the 5' box, they look too stumpy

·
Registered
2017 AT 4x4 LWN CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As a prospecting 2023 buyer, I have been waiting for this! But based on what the video reveals so far, I am slightly disappointed. It's ugly.

Guess I will wait to see what the AT4X looks like.
I agree that it looks a bit fugly, but like everything else Chevrolet has put out lately it will probably grow on us...like a wart.

I think GM does this purposely to drive buyers into the more expensive GMC trucks.

·
Registered
9,051 Posts
i've been waiting for the 2023 models, i'm not an off road guy so i'll more then likely be getting a Denali again but i'm tired of the v6s low end and the 8 speed just leaves me worried about its longevity
the 2023's will not have the V6 nor the 8-speed
as far as stumpy looking that started with the full size back in the early 90's with the F-150's and has not gotten any better

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree that it looks a bit fugly, but like everything else Chevrolet has put out lately it will probably grow on us...like a wart.

I think GM does this purposely to drive buyers into the more expensive GMC trucks.
You might be on to something. And to think that GMC's used to be the real work trucks, now they are the Cowboy Cadillacs.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
the 2023's will not have the V6 nor the 8-speed
as far as stumpy looking that started with the full size back in the early 90's with the F-150's and has not gotten any better
I thought Dodge RAM started that trend, maybe they just upped the anti on Ford. My thoughts back then is they are trying to make a pickup resemble an 18 wheeler, the hood and cab (am thinking of the RAM).
Definitely early ‘90’s though.

·
Registered
2017 AT 4x4 LWN CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought Dodge RAM started that trend, maybe they just upped the anti on Ford. My thoughts back then is they are trying to make a pickup resemble an 18 wheeler, the hood and cab (am thinking of the RAM).
I think it was after the death of the step sides and the big jump in popularity of crew cabs began that the whole short bed thing started.

I personally blame it on Lincoln Blackwood which was really just an already hideous F-150 with dark poop colored wood panels and extra reflectors glued onto the sides 😂

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

·
Registered
9,051 Posts
From Car/Driver

The Colorado in the video is the off-road ZR2 trim, and it looks to have a bunch of factory accessories. The new Colorado's square grille is flanked by horizontal headlights that look much more modern than what's on the current truck, and overall the front end is both less boring and more truck-like. This Colorado has a "Safari Bar" brush guard attached to the front bumper, which the video says could impede the Colorado's surround-view cameras, a feature that isn't offered on the current Colorado.
Around back the new Colorado has a huge Chevrolet script across the sculpted tailgate, and taillights that look super similar to what's on the refreshed Silverado. There's a large roll bar with an LED light bar attached to it, and this beige ZR2 also has black stripes on the front fenders, plastic fender flares and black wheels with chunky tires. We can't see much of the interior, but it looks like the Colorado may have a digital gauge cluster.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Not a fan of Chevy's Star Wars Storm Trooper looking front end.
I don't like the front end either (at least it is not as horrible as the 22 ZR2), the taillights and tailgate look like a silverado and the even shorter looking bed and bed bar looks like it came right off a Holden.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It was by far the best looking (and roomiest) mid size truck when I got mine in 2019 and it will still be the best looking mid size truck in 2023.

·
Registered
2022 GMC Canyon Denali Diesel 4X4. Summit White, Cocoa/Dark Atmosphere, Black wheel package
284 Posts
I remember when the ‘78 Fords came out with the “Louisville Ford” look. I ended up buying a 1979 Bronco, 351M, four speed manual. The stick was about three feet long, like you would see in a tow truck. First gear was a “granny” gear, it was crazy low. I usually just took off in second. Good truck. I had 35-12.50-15 Dunlop Radial Rovers on it and you couldn’t beat it on the beach. I’d air down to about 22lbs and it barely left a track. Sorry…. side tracked off of the 18 wheeler thing.

Reactions: 93Duc

·
Registered
2018 LT L.B. 3.6 Trifecta tune
120 Posts
Yes the 3.6 has to rev to get the job DONE BUT the 2.7 will definitely be a better power train, a year from now people on here will be praising it

1 - 20 of 50 Posts