Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab, LT, Black with Chrome package, V6, 4x4
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hopefully this is a quick and easy fix that maybe I'm overlooking.

I paired my android with my truck radio. all well there.
when i plug the android in, i can then use android auto to navigate using the map.
For some reason, I cannot get it to use the internet through my phone to do this. It seems like it will only navigate to places "offline" that I have been to before that it has remembered.
I have checked the settings in my phone, but can't figure out where this setting is that would allow internet to always be active, regardless if i have wifi on or not.

I had this same set up in my 2019 equinox, and had no problems. I'm obviously overlooking a setting somewhere.

any ideas?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sounds like the phone is trying to use the data through the usb cable, and there is none. Pull down the settings shade and make sure it's set to "file transfer / android auto"

Reactions: NutzaQ

·
Premium Member
2018 Colorado CCLB Z71 3.6 LGZ
4,804 Posts
Mobile phone Liquid Communication Device Portable communications device Office supplies

Reactions: Snipesy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's definitely a setting that I'm missing, or there's a quirk in the radio, im guessing it's operator error.

when my phone is plugged into the usb port, my phone can't even access the internet UNLESS i turn off the wifi (unclicking the wifi icon in settings). Once I do that, I can use it like normal. I can't figure out why it only operates if the wifi is available. Never did that before. Then I made a call, and when the call was over. I hung up, but the truck made it seem like I was still on the call and the telephone icon was green. I look at my phone and it completely disconnected the phone call, nothing was even active that would make me think i was still on the phone. I unplugged the phone and same thing. I had to turn the truck off and then back on for it to forget the phone call. this could have been a glitch, not to concerned there. the radio was playing as it should have, so nothing was really effected.

right now, im trying to figure out the internet / wifi issue. im not sure why a phone setting would have changed. no reason for it to

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is your truck equipped with Wi-Fi on its own? My Cruze was and when the data ran out , I couldn’t stream because my phone was connected to the car’s hotspot that had no data.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if i recall, i think i have a trial period where my truck has the wifi, but I am not 100% sure. I have never used it, and don't intend to now. if there is a way to make sure it's off, all the better

·
Registered
59 Posts
if i recall, i think i have a trial period where my truck has the wifi, but I am not 100% sure. I have never used it, and don't intend to now. if there is a way to make sure it's off, all the better
Just make sure your phone isn’t trying to connect to that network. My truck isn’t equipped so I can’t look to see how to do that. In my Cruze, as long as I am not trying to connect, it’s fine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a setting that might be my answer. I'll check it tomorrow. Under android auto, I had the option of turning off/on the " wireless android auto". It was on, but I turned it off. Might not do anything, but we'll see

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Technology

·
Premium Member
2018 Colorado CCLB Z71 3.6 LGZ
4,804 Posts
Try a different USB port?
my phone AA won't work plugged into the front USB. I have to use the center console.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts