Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Damn, that looks great, would love to have one on my Canyon....(y)(y)(y)

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Looks awesome! As a bald guy, however, I don't do sunroofs...Lol!
Bald got nothing to do with it. I started losing my hair in my mid teens. I'd own a convertible truck if it was practical. I am waiting a reply now from the "local" (22 miles away) installer.

I love feeling the breeze over my folicly impaired cranium.

·
Registered
2016 CCLB Mini-Max Diesel
84 Posts
That looks awesome! I love sunroofs, and have never had a leak or an issue on any of my vehicles that had them.

Surprised and happy to see the universal sunroof love here, forums for other vehicles that I've been on where a sunroof is a factory option are usually... divided on the topic.

Long live the sunroof!

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
Bald got nothing to do with it. I started losing my hair in my mid teens. I'd own a convertible truck if it was practical. I am waiting a reply now from the "local" (22 miles away) installer.

I love feeling the breeze over my folicly impaired cranium.

·
Registered
2021 Colorado ZR2
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Looks awesome! As a bald guy, however, I don't do sunroofs...Lol!
My wife opens the sunroof anytime its not raining or snowing, doesn't matter if its 20F or 100F so I keep hats in all our sunroof vehicles.

·
Registered
259 Posts
It may just be my imagination, but an open sunroof does something that significantly improves a decent sound system. Not the same effect with TTs or convertibles though.

·
Registered
2021 Colorado Z71 CCSB 4x4
41 Posts
Looks awesome. Makes you wonder why GM doesn't offer it as a factory option.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Looks nice the sunroof does. Is this a modification that is approved of by the vehicle manufacturer? I don't know if it affects the strength of the vehicle's chassis but can imagine it may and unless approved by the OEM I'm betting they would too in a worst case scenario...

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
3,179 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Colorado V6 Crew Cab Long Bed
914 Posts
Looks awesome. Makes you wonder why GM doesn't offer it as a factory option.
It mIght be because of this. (See image)
One of the main structural supports in the roof is ultra-high strength steel. I may be wrong, but that bar might have to be cut out to properly install, or position a sunroof in our twins.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 ZR2 Bison
153 Posts
It mIght be because of this. (See image)
One of the main structural supports in the roof is high strength steel. I may be wrong, but that bar might have to be cut out to properly install, or position a sunroof in our twins.
I hadn’t seen this diagram but this has been my main question regarding a sunroof, thanks for digging this up and sharing. I miss having a sunroof and seeing this thread has moved it up my wishlist knowing now it’s a possibility, but my first assumption is seeing that one wasn’t offered in my pricey Bison was that it couldn’t be done on account of structural integrity/frame flex when on rugged road/trail. Would be interested to hear from engineers at Chevy on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
747 Posts
I hadn’t seen this diagram but this has been my main question regarding a sunroof, thanks for digging this up and sharing. I miss having a sunroof and seeing this thread has moved it up my wishlist knowing now it’s a possibility, but my first assumption is seeing that one wasn’t offered in my pricey Bison was that it couldn’t be done on account of structural integrity/frame flex when on rugged road/trail. Would be interested to hear from engineers at Chevy on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm sure Chevy engineers frequent this site, let alone willing to comment :rolleyes: Use your own sensibilities...Yes it's a bad idea, not to mention reduced re-sale value. I will say this again, Just cause you can do it, does not mean you should. Don't destroy your vehicle cause someone wants to make a buck, think it all the way through.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts