Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Colorado ZR2
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My month old 2021 Colorado ZR2 got a sunroof installed this week. Had it installed thru the Chevy dealership with full warranty. Installed aftermarket
sunroofs in our 2006 Mustang & 2012 Camaro with no issues. We are very happy with the results.

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Colorado V6 Crew Cab Long Bed
918 Posts
Very nice!
If you don’t mind me asking, how much did the Chevy
dealer charge for the sunroof?
My daughters Jeep had an aftermarket sunroof with no issues as well.
Why GM doesn’t offer a factory sunroof on the twins is beyond me.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
360 Posts
I want this so bad...

Reactions: Firehk and ABBB

·
Registered
2021 Colorado ZR2
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was $1,400 for the sunroof install. After the factory warranty runs out I'm planning on install either a 6.2L V8 or the new 6.6L gas V8. I'm already seeing very low mileage 2021 6.6L V8s up for sale.

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
2,221 Posts
Man that’s awesome!!! I want it badly

·
Registered
2021 ZR2 Bison
170 Posts
My month old 2021 Colorado ZR2 got a sunroof installed this week. Had it installed thru the Chevy dealership with full warranty. Installed aftermarket
sunroofs in our 2006 Mustang & 2012 Camaro with no issues. We are very happy with the results.
View attachment 414005

View attachment 414001

View attachment 414002

View attachment 414003

View attachment 414004
Man, that’s awesome! I’ve been dreaming about this in my bison and it chafes me that it didn’t come stock or at least as an option. Curious what. Make the sunroof is and whether the dealer had any role in picking out the part/s? Also, any chance we could see some pics of the controls? TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sweet! Did the dealer do the actual install, or did they outsource it (for a small fee, of course)?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I would have kept the piece they cut out for a souvenir lol.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
If I lived near your dealer, I'd be there today. What brand did they use? I assume the price includes the parts and labor?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Nice & good for you (looks great on truck). For me, been there/ done that...had moonroofs, t-tops & sunroofs throughout the years, but not my thing anymore. Wife's Grand Cherokee has "full-length" power sunroof & we never open...just me/my liking now. Again, truck looks sharp & nice add f/ your ZR2.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
If you would like a sun roof just look around as there are shops in many areas that do this.

Dealers generally take vehicles to authorized shops for installations like this.

This one used to do TTops too back when kits for TTops were more common.

I know there are shops in most major cities here. Might find the name of the sunroof you like and check for a trained installer dealer closest to you.

This shop did my TTops in the 80’s ans still do work today. They in fact tid a lot of work for local dealers on this kind of work.

·
Registered
2021 Z71 Colorado Midnight Crew 3.6, 1.25" Trail FX level kit
107 Posts
As mentioned looks good and great idea; my 2021 Colorado Z71 is the first vehicle I've owned in 30 years without a sun roof.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Now thats really nice. I had a 2007 Canyon reg. cab I ordered new with the sunroof. I drove truck 9 years with no problem. BUT being a regular cab the glass opened up and back and for I guess safety reasons could not open past the back of the roof cab therefore it only opened about half way or so. Also at factory they had to cut a roof support beam to install it which weakened the roof some. So if hit a large bump the roof would flex up and down some. Never had a leak or problem though. I would have never ordered the sunroof if I would have known it couldn't fully open. I believe they stopped after the 2007 putting them in reg. cabs. And the one in the picture here looks great. It slides between the roof and headliner and fully opens.

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
I have had several vehicles that I had sunroofs installed all by Safe-lite, none ever leaked and no troubles..

·
Registered
2021 Colorado ZR2
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dealer subbed out the install. They used a Signature Series sunroof.
CLASSIC SOFT TRIM
8190 S.W. NIMBUS AVE
BEAVERTON, OR 97008
(503) 644-6021

Attachments

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Dealer subbed out the install. They used a Signature Series sunroof.
CLASSIC SOFT TRIM
8190 S.W. NIMBUS AVE
BEAVERTON, OR 97008
(503) 644-6021
Thanks for the info!!
That’s one thing I mis from my Avalanche. Now to convince my wife I need this lol. With my Jeep coming onto the garage for a frame off (again it’s been 20 years) I’ll be hard pressed to prioritize it unfortunately.

·
Registered
2021 Colorado ZR2
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That’s one thing I mis from my Avalanche...
I miss my Avalanche. I bought my used, drove it 100K miles & sold for what I bought it for. Thought that was a great deal back then but I have been looking at getting another one ever since. Had 178K miles on her in this pic.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Clocked 288k on mine.

Reactions: Mr Monte
1 - 20 of 35 Posts