Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
798 Posts
You should drive it! Then you can report back so we can all spend more $$.

Being serious, I thought I had read somewhere that the Kings require more frequent rebuilds. True? Or was that Icon's?
They do need to be rebuilt, I don't know how often. Most aftermarket shocks need to be re-built every so often. My Fox's say every 50k miles or so. The only aftermarket shocks that do not need to re-built, that I am aware of, are Bilstein and OME. And maybe Eibach.

·
Registered
971 Posts
They do need to be rebuilt, I don't know how often. Most aftermarket shocks need to be re-built every so often. My Fox's say every 50k miles or so. The only aftermarket shocks that do not need to re-built, that I am aware of, are Bilstein and OME. And maybe Eibach.
Right, it was the frequency that stood out with one of them. I’d have no issue with say every 20k miles, but if it was sooner, like 8k miles or so it could get old quickly.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Milestar Patagonia X/T (285/70r17) 33s and Black Rhino Apache (17 x 8.5 - 0 mm offset)
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Milestar Patagonia M/T (315/70R17) 35s and AEV Crestone Dual Sport Beadlocks (17 x 8 - 25 mm offset)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

Tire Sky Wheel Automotive carrying rack Automotive tire

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Had to figure out a better roof rack solution and more secure storage.

Automotive tire Bumper Font Gas Automotive exterior

2 x Roam Adventure Co - 83L Rugged cases
1 x Overland Ruff Rax - Universal Roof Rack (mid-size)
Wheel Tire Wood Automotive tire Bumper

Font Computer keyboard Gadget Automotive design Office equipment

Tool Plastic Auto part Bottle Cable

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Tire Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Checking up on the Differentials and adding an AEV rear Diff Cover

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Rim

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 · (Edited)
Wrapping up the last few modifications to the suspension before diving into the King shock tuning and revalving. Just waiting on my spring pack but that's a whole different post.
The Kings trade out on-road stability for better off-road performance and the additional modifications have increased roll center and increased mass lending me to seek a rear sway bar to help stabilize the truck both for higher speed dirt road and on rock obstacle stability.

I have optioned a Hellwig Products rear sway bar kit and with some consult from their engineering team am trying some additional parts to validate fitment and to provide feed back on the system in the conditions I will be running in.

Way before:
Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Light

After

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
798 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
That sway bar looks like it hangs pretty low and might snag on stuff. Does it or is it just the photo angle?
its a couple inches lower than the axle housing and higher than a spare tire and the lower shock mounts

141 - 149 of 149 Posts