Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
YES a RIGd Supply Ultraswing Multi-fit will fit a ZR2 Bison
It will require the removal of the passenger side recovery point but that is ALL! True bolt-on installation.
I did work with RIGd to make a 3d printed insert to fill the void where the recovery point was removed but that's because I don't like cutting up good parts and I like nice finished looks

View attachment 407124
View attachment 407128
View attachment 407125 View attachment 407126
View attachment 407127
View attachment 407129
Any chance you or RIGd will sell the 3D printed part in the future?

looks awesome by the way

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Any chance you or RIGd will sell the 3D printed part in the future?

looks awesome by the way
We are working on the official conversation. I did the design work as something one off and RIGd is looking into what they can do. Stay tuned or drop them a line, they are responsive and good people to talk to.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·

·
Registered
21 Posts
We make that pipe for the JK platform Jeeps. IF there is enough demand we build it.

View attachment 400856

View attachment 400857
Holy cow this is such such an awesome build! I can't wait to see phase 2!

Going through the thread, this caught my eye. Depending on price, I would be very interested in a solution to the exhaust crossover for the V6 that allows us to use the Diesel skid plate. I hit my skid V6 transmission skid on just about everything!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Holy cow this is such such an awesome vid! I can't wait to see phase 2!
I answered that on the next post but its easy, the water tank is on a receiver hitch. it just pulls out. Additionally, when i build out the bed camp /sleep area I will be using a permanent mount water tank with remote fill valve and filler neck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I answered that on the next post but its easy, the water tank is on a receiver hitch. it just pulls out. Additionally, when i build out the bed camp /sleep area I will be using a permanent mount water tank with remote fill valve and filler neck.
Sorry I think I had my quotes all messed up, I went back and fixed it. I'm talking about a way to tuck the exhaust crossover pipe on the V6 that would allow us to use the flat diesel skid plate. The gas version, like you installed on post #101 of this thread, hang down so low. I hit mine on just about everything!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Finalizing the electrical installation and wiring up the sPOD touchscreen into its final home

·
Registered
2 Posts
Custom Bed Organizer / Storage Planning

Concept Design Parameters
  • allow for Topper EZ Lift actuators and Soft Side camper storage
  • incorporate multi-use sleep /storage area of 30" + in width
  • incorporate Kicker Media Center for audio
  • incorporate sPOD Bantam source controller
  • Incorporate Kitchen Sink / Burner assembly
  • Incorporate 5.11 Load Ready Gear and Hexgrid panels
Maintain 250 lbs max assembly weight
  • 25mm x 25mm Extruded Aluminum
  • MDF and HDPE panels

View attachment 400007

View attachment 400008

View attachment 400009

View attachment 400010
Do you have a step by step build for this? Something with the exact mesurements and steps in order so we could build this on our own?????? Thanks.
Quinn [email protected]

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
sorry i was referring to the bed storage and orginizing box
I don't mind sharing my final results once i get the video done. I am still revising the design...probably not going with the Topper EZ lift. After speaking to a few owners and the novelty wore off there are a few problems with the design that are not good for those that drive hard or for extended periods off road. Great on the street but on washboard roads and articulating over obstacles there are lots of alignment problems.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
I did it a bit easier and drilled two holes at the back of the pocket and attached a ram ball mount:

I'm able to press every button behind it.
I like the simplicity and the adjustability of the ball mount angle but I had some pretty specific aesthetic goals and one of the big ones was to block the Chapstick / lip balm holder hole completely. It gets so dusty and dirty after heavy use and a cubby hole that collects dirt and dust would drive me crazy... I am very OCD if you couldn't tell.

I am also not a huge fan of the universal mounting systems with the ball and arms... it's growing on me but I really still don't like busy looking center consoles and seeing wires even from my phone charger bugs me.

My friend Ali's jeep "Kate The Jeep" makes me claustrophobic lol

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
798 Posts
I like the simplicity and the adjustability of the ball mount angle but I had some pretty specific aesthetic goals and one of the big ones was to block the Chapstick / lip balm holder hole completely. It gets so dusty and dirty after heavy use and a cubby hole that collects dirt and dust would drive me crazy... I am very OCD if you couldn't tell.

I am also not a huge fan of the universal mounting systems with the ball and arms... it's growing on me but I really still don't like busy looking center consoles and seeing wires even from my phone charger bugs me.

My friend Ali's jeep "Kate The Jeep" makes me claustrophobic lol
View attachment 409141
I'm like you, as you are aware, which is why my wires currently have clips to keep them clean and out of the way. I got in on the pre-order for the Expedition Essentials powered dash mount. They're supposed to ship mid-May and I hope that solves all my problems. The best part is that it's powered so you just have to run short cables and they're out of the way of everything.

·
Registered
2021 Sand Dune Metallic ZR2 Bison
62 Posts
Ok after I beat her up I got clean her up and keep the Mod list moving along.

I needed a good phone holder and future small tablet holder so it was time for Pro-Fit
View attachment 400926

I will dump a complete install guide in the install section but I post a quick review and the vinyl wrap I did on the Radio trim

View attachment 400927

View attachment 400928

View attachment 400929

View attachment 400931

View attachment 400930

View attachment 400932

Quicki, but now I have to remove and wrap another 5 more panels
Ok after I beat her up I got clean her up and keep the Mod list moving along.

I needed a good phone holder and future small tablet holder so it was time for Pro-Fit
View attachment 400926

I will dump a complete install guide in the install section but I post a quick review and the vinyl wrap I did on the Radio trim

View attachment 400927

View attachment 400928

View attachment 400929

View attachment 400931

View attachment 400930

View attachment 400932

Quicki, but now I have to remove and wrap another 5 more panels
Which color of vinyl did you use? Name, link? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Which color of vinyl did you use? Name, link? Thanks a lot.
VViViD+ Gloss Rally Beige Vinyl Wrap Roll (3ft x 5ft)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 · (Edited)
I damaged the rear fender flares crawling last trip out and it gave me the motivation to finish the REAR portion of the American Expedition Vehicles - AEV 33" Tire Trim Kit.

Passenger Side Rear

Driver Side Rear

I have documented the whole process as I completed it along with some "extra credit" processes I went through to get the most out of the finished install.

Here is what you cut off

Finished Trimmed Flare

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
It's time for more power

Mallett Performance Cars Supercharger Kit: The Mallett Stage One Supercharger System – Mallett Performance Cars

Had a Leaking Spark Plug Sleeve seal so had to go deeper into the motor than required

So i took a look at the old DI dry manifold and valve deposits

It's all together and ready for some fun but check out the install process and some of the design highlights here:

101 - 120 of 149 Posts