Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
As far as I know the zr2 only comes in ccsb or eclb variation
Cool build so far. Been watching some builds to see what route I want to go with mine if I don't decide on a small travel trailer
Thats what I thought until yesterday. I ordered a Z71 CC long bed.

·
Registered
2021 ZR2 CCSB Bright Blue Metallic
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
We took the ZR2 out for its first camping trip. We brought everything along to see how it all fit and we'll make a couple minor tweaks based on what we learned.
I loaded up the roof rack and figured out a good way to securely carry our gas cans.

We moved the awning to the driver side when we got to camp because of how the site was situated and because the bike rack swings to the passenger side interfering with access.

Here are some things we saw on the trip.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Nice to see everything set up! Flow is very important with the awning for sure. I had a passenger side ARB and I was always having to walk around the swing out. When I decided to buy a 270, I ordered a driver's side and it's been great not having to walk an extra 5ft out of the way.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Monday after lunch we went home via Julian to get some apple strudel. It was raining cats and dogs but it washed the dust and mud off the truck. Anza Borrego was dry and pleasant while we were there.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Nice looking trip! Not sure I'm liking the gas cans mounted like that though....There has to be a safer, sleeker solution out there?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
I went to visit Bend OR and ski Mt Bachelor. On the way I stealth camped at the Pilot Travel Center in Weed CA. I didn't bother raising the top and just slept diagonally on my platform. I did a bit of wheeling to see the Lava Cast Forest. There was a bunch of snow and to make sure I could back out of the parking spot after my hike I used my front and rear lockers. No problem and no digging needed.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
How is your Lithium starter battery doing, really interested in how it's affected by the smart alternator charging.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
How is your Lithium starter battery doing, really interested in how it's affected by the smart alternator charging.
So far so good. The built in Battery Management System must be doing its job. Here in Bend the temperatures are in the mid to upper 20's at night and the battery seems fine in the morning. In three years, if the battery is still doing fine, I will probably buy one for my Cadillac which currently has the battery I pulled out of the Colorado.

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
436 Posts
Just got my ikon pass for this next season! Mt. Bachelor is definitely on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
I installed GTR Ultra 2 LED high beams to light things up better when off-road since I don't have any other auxiliary lighting. I did the passenger side first since it is more of a pain. You can see a big difference.
Passenger side LED, driver halogen.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts