Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one had an older version of a canyon or Colorado that noticed on the 2021 thats the heated seats don't get hot? I've has a 2017 Colorado and just got the 2021 GMC Canyon AT4 and the heated seats suck

has any one else had this issue?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Sounds like a warranty issue, maybe someone forgot to hook up the Hi temp wires on the switch at the factory.
is the passenger seat the same?
do all 3 lights come on?

oh, and welcome to the forum

Reactions: 1stiski and Firehk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah something isn’t right. I agree. Mine (the older version “all terrain” the seats get so hot that I usually don’t set it on the highest setting.

Reactions: Firehk

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 Crew Cab
25 Posts
Mine get very hot so I'm almost always at the lowest setting...and that's during the bitterly cold Cdn winter weather.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like a warranty issue, maybe someone forgot to hook up the Hi temp wires on the switch at the factory.
is the passenger seat the same?
do all 3 lights come on?

oh, and welcome to the forum

Yes all 3 light come on, i was thinking the same I went to the dealer today they said it could be because I have the full leather seats that they add more foam and the heat doesn't make it though all the way. I was in a Denali the other day and they got so hot the same as my old truck. I was thinking it could be that they may have changed the seat heater manufacturers. im trying to find another truck with full leather seats to test it to see if something is actually wrong!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My AT4 heated seats get plenty hot. So hot that I don’t even use the highest heat setting on them ever.
Are the middle inserts of your seats leather or cloth? this is what mine look like?

this is the other option and what my old truck was like

·
Registered
2021 GMC Canyon AT4 Leather
14 Posts
2021 AT4 Leather here and my seats heat up great here in the chilly PacNorWest!!

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
I have had GM heated seats in a number of cars and some just heat up faster than others. Some got hotter than others. I expect there is some variance in the construction.

Take it to a dealer, compare it to another new one and if it is lacking show the service writer and let them deal with it.

·
Registered
2017 Canyon AT 4x4 2.8L CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
1,423 Posts
There was a guy who had this problem with his heated steering wheel and l actually found a diagnostic test in the GM manual for testing the heated steering wheel, let's see if we can find one for the seats.

·
Registered
2017 Canyon AT 4x4 2.8L CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
1,423 Posts
Unlike the heated steering wheel, which actually stated a temperature to test for, the heated seats diagnostic just says "degraded operation". If your bum ain't toasty on high, there's probably something wrong. Ask your dealer to run this diagnostic for degraded operation of heated seats.
1614051636510.png 1614051685938.png 1614052689369.png 1614052832207.png 1614052870381.png

·
Registered
2020 GMC Canyon Denali 2.8L Duramax Turbo-Diesel
37 Posts
The heated seats on my 2020 Denali are the air conditioned, perforated leather ones. The heat on level 3 is too much for me, but they do warm up quick with the remote start that way. I have to turn them down to level 1 when I get in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
2015 Canyon SLT (full leather) here. I got the truck new, and my heated seats never worked well from day one, and in retrospect, I should have asked the dealer to check when I was under warranty. They eventually get hot-ish on high, but they take for.ev.er. to heat up. Most trips under 15 minutes, I don't bother turning them on, because they seriously won't be warm by the time I'm out of the truck. And they almost never feel heated when I get in after remote starting and running for the full 12 minutes.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
2016 Canyon SLT here, leather seats. My seat heaters have always worked perfectly under all conditions. Plenty warm during remote starts and I have to adjust them 3,2,1 on the drive as it should be.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts