Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
I'm just the opposite. We looked at the Jeep Gladiator, and came very close to pulling the trigger on one until they told me "can't" on the color choice and went down the list of "ok to order" monochrome options. We walked. After the fact, as I was driving my Colorado, I decided that they did us a favor. I love my truck and really don't care to trade it in for something else. Now, with the 84 months no interest and diesels in the 1/2 tons, there's temptation, but not enough so to get me to trade in what I bought and built in 2015/2016. I love my Yellow Colly as much nearly 5 years in as I did day one.
I really can't find a vehicle I would prefer to my Canyon. Not a Taco, not a Gladiator, not a Ranger. With the issues we have had with my wife's Rogue, especially from the service department, and the unrelenting marketing ploys and number of places they have sold my contact information to for the Nissan, I can't consider a Frontier. We'll just ignore the Honda offering. On top of that, after 5, going on 6, years, not only has the competition not done anything to make me consider trading out my Canyon, the minor improvements GM has done do not justify replacing my Canyon. I am going to concentrate on paying off my house and continue driving my Canyon, perhaps till the wheels fall off.

The recent video about the complexity of the turbo engine that is perhaps slated for the 3rd Gen on the GM mid-size trucks, I am thinking I may just hold out for an EV version. Surely that is on the horizon. I think the mid-size trucks in a proper EV powertrain make more sense than the FS trucks.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I'm just the opposite. We looked at the Jeep Gladiator, and came very close to pulling the trigger on one until they told me "can't" on the color choice and went down the list of "ok to order" monochrome options. We walked. After the fact, as I was driving my Colorado, I decided that they did us a favor. I love my truck and really don't care to trade it in for something else. Now, with the 84 months no interest and diesels in the 1/2 tons, there's temptation, but not enough so to get me to trade in what I bought and built in 2015/2016. I love my Yellow Colly as much nearly 5 years in as I did day one.
That yellow looks really nice! No yellow Colorados on the lot where I bought mine. I’ve only owned one yellow vehicle my entire life. But it was a show stopper.
13C01576-693D-427D-B1F5-A9EDC7320B55.jpeg
As far as my 2018 Colorado, I’ll keep it. I’ve just started making a $600 truck payment every two weeks. It will be paid off in about a year. Just a few months before I retire! I probably will not buy another new vehicle once that happens.

I’ve bought a new vehicle for either my wife or myself since 2012. Once retired those days will be over. So will any vehicle payment. When I think about that I really start to LOVE my truck a lot more.
5FC7AFB4-3483-4676-ACAB-B6932FE3838F.jpeg

Gusto!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Reactions: MaineMan

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really like the elevation and the Denali. The Denali can have coco dune interior now and the SLT is gone. Makes sense. The only real reason to get an SLT before was for that color and if you didn’t like the Denali grill.
I have a feeling these will be around for more than 1-2 years. This refresh may give them an excuse to push off the redesign for any number of excuses.
The work trucks being gone makes sense since nobody buys those and companies that need to buy trucks will just buy the higher trim and pass on the cost to their consumers.

·
Registered
11,114 Posts

The work trucks being gone makes sense since nobody buys those and companies that need to buy trucks will just buy the higher trim and pass on the cost to their consumers.
The WT are still available. It is the lower level truck, true entry level, that are gone.

I think there is a place for the WT in the market, but most of the manufacturers have eliminated the entry level.

Reactions: Tomsriv

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hate to be a downer, but I can't describe how ugly I think the new GMC grills are without cursing. I thought by now that the whole "battering ram" look that GMC started with the 2019 Sierra's would appeal to me by now, but it doesn't.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hate to be a downer, but I can't describe how ugly I think the new GMC grills are without cursing. I thought by now that the whole "battering ram" look that GMC started with the 2019 Sierra's would appeal to me by now, but it doesn't.
Funny how tricky the GMC grill is to me. The front of the 2021 Canyon AT4 in the promo shots actually looks good to me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Funny how tricky the GMC grill is to me. The front of the 2021 Canyon AT4 in the promo shots actually looks good to me.
Can't stand the 2021 GMC grill. Not sure why.. looks like they just took the 2nd Gen grill and diluted it 😁

Plus, I like the "All Terrain" branding over "AT4" branding! I'm sticking with my decision to buy the 2020 All Terrain!

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
There is an image of the rear with the new tailgate here:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From the article, says the air dam is more easily removable - they finally figured out how to flip the clips over and put the screws in from below?

Reactions: Primitiveman

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
I saw that. Only took them 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Took me about an hour of laying on my back under the truck.

Problem is, after I took out that deer, the body shop returned it to factory original design. I haven't ever actually removed the air dam, so I haven't bothered to crawl under and re-flip the clips. (I am 5 years older, if I crawl under the truck, I may end up taking a 2 hour nap while doing the job. Then the neighbors will complain about my snoring, it is all just downhill. )

·
Registered
79 Posts
A little blurb on the LT trim level: GM Authority

Sadly, I think they still haven't made the headlights work well with anything but the chrome center bar because of the non-led silver pinstripe on 3 sides, and the composition of the bumper/air dam only looks good on a black or gray truck.
I'm starting to think that custom configuring an LT will be a better approach than getting a Z71, though the Z71 wheels do look a little better than the LT wheels I'd been dreading. (I really just want black rims from the factory - more in line with the ZR2.)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Only thing I like on the new Canyons is the fogs. I wonder if GM finally fixed the daylight lamps where the LED strips come on by default (unlike right now where the strips only come on together with the headlamp at night).

Reactions: 404 Not Found

·
Registered
10 Posts
They knocked it out of the park on the Colorado's grille for Z71 and below, it looks a lot more "grown up" to me than previous years. The GMC's Denali grille though... looks like a Buick-designed robotic-battering-ram that's missing half it's teeth. That said, it's growing on me a bit, it's not quite as hideous as when I first saw it.

But without a push button start option still, I might just go buy a Ridgeline purely out of spite.. :)

·
Registered
2015 Colorado Crew V6 2x4
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
The GMC's Denali grille though... looks like a Buick-designed robotic-battering-ram that's missing half it's teeth. That said, it's growing on me a bit, it's not quite as hideous as when I first saw it.

But without a push button start option still, I might just go buy a Ridgeline purely out of spite.. :)
The Canyon grille is just too big in my opinion, but I also think what they did with the Denali manages to work. I think it looks pretty good. I don't care for the AT4 much, and the Elevation trims looked somewhere between "OK" to "good" to my eye. I think if the lower part below the grille was painted like the Denali trim, they would look better. If I were to buy a High Elevation trim, I think I'd have it painted.

I'll just assume it was a joke (due to the smiley face), but unless you actually like what the Ridgeline offers as a whole over the other trucks, I don't know how anyone could buy a vehicle simply for push button start, if the other offerings are more of what you want in a small truck? Just my two cents. I do like push button start, as both our other two vehicles have it, but it doesn't bother me not having it either. I'm sure next gen will be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The configuration for both trucks are now live on the Chevy/GMC websites. I will say the Canyon Elevation looks have grown on me mostly because I hate the chrome on my current SLE. It seems the AT4 will come with the air dam off but oddly when you go to build one it shows it there, all the live photos of the AT4 even new ones added show it removed so some confusion there.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts