Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Colorado Crew V6 2x4
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this was posted elsewhere, but I did a quick look and didn't see it. I found this posted on another forum.

From left to right...

Elevation Standard, Elevation, Denali, AT4.

I haven't been able to find any other pictures or better quality ones for this one. If you can find them please post them up!

I like that they offer the elevation package now as the high elevation package so you can get leather. I do like the looks of the elevation and the Denali but I'm not sure if I like them better than the current 2020 either. A bit torn but I don't dislike the looks either.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am curious what kinds of different interior pieces will be offered to swap into our truck.

Reactions: rotaryenginepete

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably not much. Interiors are basically unchanged. I do know the Denali is supposed to get some slight changes and a interior color change option but nothing significant.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Assuming the Colorado is going to get the same fugly face treatment, GM has guaranteed that I will not consider a new one.

Reactions: 404 Not Found

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some of the 2021 Colorado images I've seen thus far. Not bad, but not sure if I'm a huge fan either. Need to see more to be sure. I do like the new Z71 wheels (I assume they are Z71 wheels anyways)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Not sure how I feel about the new addition of chrome on the Z71 front end. Also interesting the Z71 looks like it has black unpainted door handles and mirror caps.

Reactions: Shemp1

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Colorado V6 Crew Cab Long Bed
595 Posts
Front air dam has been redesigned. The center of the air dam looks as though the engineers attempted to keep it more off road friendly.

·
Registered
2021 satin steel extended cab Z71 4x4
28 Posts
My build sheet for Z71 says bright machined aluminum wheels. I’d sure rather have those pictured. Not a fan on the silver bumper part either

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My build sheet for Z71 says bright machined aluminum wheels. I’d sure rather have those pictured. Not a fan on the silver bumper part either
Well, its very possible it could be those wheels. They have that machine faced look to them, similar to the 18" premium wheels on my 2015.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Like the early front end better. Don’t like the lower bumper at all here.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Here are some of the 2021 Colorado images I've seen thus far. Not bad, but not sure if I'm a huge fan either. Need to see more to be sure. I do like the new Z71 wheels (I assume they are Z71 wheels anyways)

I don't know where you found these, but awesome. I looked everywhere and everyone is busy smothering the net with that fugly ZR2 face. This is far better looking that I had expected it to be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Still no OEM led headlights/ Daytime running lights. Disappointing. The grill looks nice with the wider look maximizing the space. Needs to get rid of that center valance. Especially the chrome one. Chrome coated plastic 🤢.
I’m happy with my front end swap. The bison grill looks amazing especially in person. I will be keeping my truck for a very long time.
The new ZR2 looks like some Predator from those Movies. Missing his bottom teeth. And the useless fluted plastic under the headlights. Almost as bad as those new Honda cars you see with the honeycomb plastic inserts in back bumper. The car designer “hmm what should we put there.” Not a fan, looks like even worse approach angle. Same plastic crap dropping down. To me a truck should always have metal up front. Not a fan of these plastic looks.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Glad its still on the subtle side of styling and not over tarted for its bow out year.

Theyre pretty much on Ronco mode, set it and forget it. Surprised they even tried with the slight front tweak and wheels when the actual redesign is only one MY out and will likely be all new or at least, beyond cosmetic. Im sure the new redesign will have that predator faced look like the full size. This will give me a chance to grab a new duramax before they're gone. At 105k on mine now, Id better re-up before its all 2.7t and a diesel in a midsize is no longer an option.
I have a strong feeling that the more subdued styling of ‘15-21 will give way to a bro-bling predator front end and styling that will surely be overdone, in line with the Silverado. I bet the canyon will be the big grille direction rather than predator. A style me and many others will likely tolerate rather than like or choose, Predator-punisher mobiles are polarizing. Us old guys dont want a truck with so much look-at-me in the factory styling. There are dozens of us....dozens!

Reactions: Primitiveman

·
Registered
90 Posts
These are all images I've run across on another forum (Camaro). Apparently all pulled from dealer websites. There has been no official reveal of them all yet that I know of.
The one with the blue truck and the bed rack is one I posted in another thread. It’s a screenshot from an email I got from GM advertising accessories.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
I still can't picture how either of these will look with a front license plate. I just think the old Colorado front grill looked a lot nicer on the Z71. I like the new Canyon a lot more than the new Colorado. I guess we will have to see them in person.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I agree, the canyon wears its new face better than the colo wears its. canyon looks at least intentional, The Colo looks like total afterthought.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts