Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased this 2021 Colorado (Lease) and it's making a horrible CHIRPING sound coming from the rear seat area. I moved the seats up/down, checked the seat belts, checked the sliding window and even placed a lot of weight on the seats, but it will not stop!!!!! It's driving me crazy. It's brand new.

Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just purchased this 2021 Colorado (Lease) and it's making a horrible CHIRPING sound coming from the rear seat area. I moved the seats up/down, checked the seat belts, checked the sliding window and even placed a lot of weight on the seats, but it will not stop!!!!! It's driving me crazy. It's brand new.

Anyone else having this issue?
I just bought a '21 ZR2 2 weeks ago and had the same issue! Called the dealer and they said to bring it back in and have it inspected. In the meantime I scoured the web for any similar issues and sure enough, others had experienced this as well...

Try this - push on the headliner around the dome light in the rear of the cabin. You hopefully will hear some clicking sounds as some of the plastic clips snap into place. In my case, totally fixed the issue and went from very frustrated to very happy. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought a '21 ZR2 2 weeks ago and had the same issue! Called the dealer and they said to bring it back in and have it inspected. In the meantime I scoured the web for any similar issues and sure enough, others had experienced this as well...

Try this - push on the headliner around the dome light in the rear of the cabin. You hopefully will hear some clicking sounds as some of the plastic clips snap into place. In my case, totally fixed the issue and went from very frustrated to very happy. Good luck!

That might have been the trick!! I did what you suggested and it snapped into place. I'll take it for a spin and see if this fixed the issue. Thank you!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Outside of this issue, how do you guys like your trucks?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
So far so good! Feels really solid. Soaks up the bumps in a very satisfying way. Definitely have a crush and doing double takes. Someone once said, if you don’t look back, you bought the wrong truck ;) View attachment 396706

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks great! I would like to get a 2021 either ZR2 or Z71. Is it hard to climb into the truck since is is raised higher?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a similar sound. I greased the latch that holds the upright portion of the back seat locked into place. Issue resolved!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks great! I would like to get a 2021 either ZR2 or Z71. Is it hard to climb into the truck since is is raised higher?

The wife thought it was a bit high to get into so we swapped up the stock rock rails for some Havoc HS2 side steps from @RealTruck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

So far, so good. I'm use to my Traverse, so this is a little different. One minor thing, the gas pedal seems very firm. I test drove a Ranger and that thing was very fast for a 4 cylinder (Turbo). Other than that, pretty happy with it. The extra cargo area under the back seats is nice and there's plenty of leg room for the driver. I'm 6'3" and have no issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my 20201 Z71 4 weeks ago. I love it! I'm enjoying all the double-takes and stares as I drive around. i haven't had the chirp issue, but glad I saw this post! I had steps on my 2012 Colorado, but I dont plan on adding any to this truck. The height isnt a big deal, and I'm only 5'8"

I added a tonneau cover so far, but thats it. Great ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts