Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've heard it will be late year availability. That's probably why it doesn't show up on the main site yet (but I bet it's on the "dealer order site"). I would assume it will be added to the site later when they start making them available.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Reactions: Opusnbill7

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I noticed that too, along with no option to get projectors on the LT anymore.
That's another thing I'm surprised they don't just put on all vehicles--the other being the G80 differential. The headlights would have the same inventory and assembly advantages, but in addition it would improve their safety score and probably improve sales as a result.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
That's another thing I'm surprised they don't just put on all vehicles--the other being the G80 differential. The headlights would have the same inventory and assembly advantages, but in addition it would improve their safety score and probably improve sales as a result.
There was an article from the IIHS that I read not too long ago that was talking about poor headlight scores with the base headlights and how manufacturers are using upgraded headlights as a way to get people to pay for a higher-optioned vehicle when all vehicles should come with the best headlights available. Safety from better headlights should be treated as safety items and not ways to increase profits.

I'm not a fan of over-regulation, but really what needs to happen is the USDOT and SAE need to get with the times and update headlight standards for new vehicles now that there is technology readily available to improve visibility at night. If manufacturers can't be bothered to equip all of their vehicles with decent headlights then the regulations should be updated to force it to happen. Safety regulations in other areas have been updated/augmented, such as requiring backup cameras on all new cars, etc. Time for modern headlights to be required, too, I guess.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm with Goodspike when it comes to the G80 option. I have a 2017 with the V6 and couldn't pull a small boat up a dirt ramp last year because the 2 wheel drive is really only 1 wheel drive without the option.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Without getting into the physics of it, it’s still 2WD with an open diff even when only one tire has lost traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
You’re configuring a 2020 model on that page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got there following the link the OP posted. Never checked to see if it stayed on the 2021 or not. My bad.

EDIT: Yup, the 2021 doesn't show the diesel. But as I stated, sometimes these pages are wrong and dealers can do the order.

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Per this page, diesel should be available in 2021.

I was just in the Autonation dealership in North Richland Hills, Texas. (Fort Worth area) on business related business. I heard one of the sales guys talking on phone with a couple of different customers about how low their inventory is currently. They were looking for a 250o gas truck, and he stated where was a WT and one other truck was all he could find. The person I was working with stated they normally have 600-800 new vehicles on the lot and currently only have 200.

I would say not a good time to purchase - the supply is so low that demand will drive prices up. Of course, if you are willing to purchase that offball vehicle that has been sitting there because no one would buy a truck in that color, etc., then may be a different story.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts