Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Planning to trade in my 15' Canyon V6 All Terrain most options w/ Cloth Seats (mods in sig)... 67,500 miles for 22,000. Puts it right on blue book price for stock so obviously losing out on some of the mods and money I've put into it. Love this truck but honestly it does have a fair amount of small scratches and a few tiny dings throughout. I live in the mountains and this stuff happens. Definitely will be nice to not have black anymore, NEVER AGAIN! Figure the value is still good to do this now...

New truck will be Satin Steel 21' AT4 V6 with Bose/Nav/Trailer Brake Package/ Spray on Bed Liner (including for free)/Leather. With the Costco Promo $1000 off/First Responder Supplier Pricing and Black Friday $3,000 off I am getting a pretty good deal I feel. ~ $37,800 mrsp is about $43,500 w/free bed liner. Unfortunately I can't get one of the 0% apr rates right now so I'd be in on about 3%. Do you guys think this is a good deal or have you been getting better?? Will be happy to have a warranty again but am a little worried about the 8 speed issues and hope they've all been worked out by now. My 15' has been great and reliable but definitely am excited to get some heated mirrors and steering wheel plus a back window that can open (it's the little things). Leather seats will be a nice upgrade too. Any thoughts on if the power train will be a noticeable upgrade?

Thanks for any input! meant to post this in purchase thread

Reactions: gm4life08

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey guys,

Planning to trade in my 15' Canyon V6 All Terrain most options w/ Cloth Seats (mods in sig)... 67,500 miles for 22,000. Puts it right on blue book price for stock so obviously losing out on some of the mods and money I've put into it. Love this truck but honestly it does have a fair amount of small scratches and a few tiny dings throughout. I live in the mountains and this stuff happens. Definitely will be nice to not have black anymore, NEVER AGAIN! Figure the value is still good to do this now...

New truck will be Satin Steel 21' AT4 V6 with Bose/Nav/Trailer Brake Package/ Spray on Bed Liner (including for free)/Leather. With the Costco Promo $1000 off/First Responder Supplier Pricing and Black Friday $3,000 off I am getting a pretty good deal I feel. ~ $37,800 mrsp is about $43,500 w/free bed liner. Unfortunately I can't get one of the 0% apr rates right now so I'd be in on about 3%. Do you guys think this is a good deal or have you been getting better?? Will be happy to have a warranty again but am a little worried about the 8 speed issues and hope they've all been worked out by now. My 15' has been great and reliable but definitely am excited to get some heated mirrors and steering wheel plus a back window that can open (it's the little things). Leather seats will be a nice upgrade too. Any thoughts on if the power train will be a noticeable upgrade?

If you do this, which seems like a great deal, let me know how you like it. Looking at the same truck and packages. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Any thoughts on if the power train will be a noticeable upgrade?
I test drove a used 2016 and then an identical new 2019 back to back before I bought mine and the throttle response from the 8 speed is what sold me on spending the extra money to buy new. It isn’t perfect but I’m betting you’ll love the difference in responsiveness the new tranny will give you, especially if you drove your ‘15 stock. And I’ll wager you won’t have many (if any) issues with the 8 speed in a 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I think staying ahead of your losses is good, especially with the incentives. They will make their money back reselling your old truck on the used market, and you're in a fresh vehicle.
I wish I could do this, but Im not giving up my Deepwood green.
As for the 8spd, just get it flushed, even if you have to pay for it. Just don't pay more than $400.
With that done, you will be able to sleep good.

·
Registered
2021 GMC Canyon AT4
48 Posts
Hey guys,

That’s not a bad price, but I was able to get a little lower without any of the incentives you are getting. The dealer was offering my AT4 for 36k, down from the MSRP of 43k, just because they were desperate for sales because of COVID. I also got a better rate than you, but my credit score is really high and I financed through Capital One because GM’s rates were garbage.

·
Registered
250 Posts
That’s not a bad price, but I was able to get a little lower without any of the incentives you are getting. The dealer was offering my AT4 for 36k, down from the MSRP of 43k, just because they were desperate for sales because of COVID. I also got a better rate than you, but my credit score is really high and I financed through Capital One because GM’s rates were garbage.
Where do you live, it makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
2021 GMC Canyon AT4
48 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Baton Rouge
Thanks, i live in the North East and they never discount that much. My guess is dealers are paying an arm and a leg for the property they are on so need to counter those costs. Having said that you can still get a great deal well below MSRP.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think staying ahead of your losses is good, especially with the incentives. They will make their money back reselling your old truck on the used market, and you're in a fresh vehicle.
I wish I could do this, but Im not giving up my Deepwood green.
As for the 8spd, just get it flushed, even if you have to pay for it. Just don't pay more than $400.
With that done, you will be able to sleep good.
Why would you need to flush a 2021? I thought they were on top of things mid-year 2019??

·
Registered
2021 Colorado 2.8L Diesel Z71
90 Posts
Shop the financing a bit too. I just ordered my Colorado this month, and I checked with my credit union in case I decided to finance it and they offered me 1.5% on a 60 month loan. Money should be quite cheap right now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shop the financing a bit too. I just ordered my Colorado this month, and I checked with my credit union in case I decided to finance it and they offered me 1.5% on a 60 month loan. Money should be quite cheap right now.
Will do. Hoping to get a better rate as I haven’t finalized anything yet

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Why would you need to flush a 2021? I thought they were on top of things mid-year 2019??
That depends on what you attribute the issues to. If the problem is the fluid, then flush. If its the Transmission, then you should be fine.

·
Registered
951 Posts
38,448 is what you could get with GM Employee Friend's pricing (that includes the 3,000 consumer incentive); GM Employee pricing is 36,850 so that is a good deal, I agree with shopping around for the financing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That depends on what you attribute the issues to. If the problem is the fluid, then flush. If its the Transmission, then you should be fine.
I guess I'm asking the question wrong. If I was to order a 2021 (which I plan to soon, as well as the OP), why would I flush it immediately if 1) there are no issues, and 2) GM started putting the proper trans fluid in mid-year 2019?

Reactions: 4x4fan and White016

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey guys,

That seems like a good price. Last month, I got the same amount off on my new Denali. Which was slightly more expensive so as a percentage off you did well. Although the rebate went up five hundred bucks too. Around me, I was happy with the pricing I got last month. I say pull the trigger and go for it. With the additional five hundred off I would be at 6,200. So I would say you are right on the money.

Reactions: smc333

·
Registered
553 Posts
Surprised to see you are getting that much for your truck. Are the prices you're quoting OTD? Where I live taxes, title, plates etc... would add another +$3,200-$3500 to the bottom line...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[/QUOTE]
Surprised to see you are getting that much for your truck. Are the prices you're quoting OTD? Where I live taxes, title, plates etc... would add another +$3,200-$3500 to the bottom line...
You’re surprised for my trade in amount? & No that’s the sticker price and ~ 6000 off that. 22k for trade in. Taxes and fees I’m pretty much taking care of with a few grand down payment to keep monthly down.. lower payment than I have now in the end extending payments for 5 yrs and new truck with warranty. Justification in my mind

Reactions: Iamscotticus

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I wouldn't be too concerned about the transmission. most are just fine. most complaints are from programming issues, solved with a flash & relearn or TCM update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I say go for it. Sounds like the same deal I got a month ago. My AT4 had a MSRP $42890 - $2500 GM discount -$1750 dealer discount. Used a $1000 GM Card discount also. Traded my '16 Colorado Z71 with 18500 miles valued at $27500 (probably should have got more but). Put $2000 down and payment is $175 a month for 63 payments 2.4 % rate. Love my AT4. Seems to have twice the get up and go that the '16 had.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I say go for it. Sounds like the same deal I got a month ago. My AT4 had a MSRP $42890 - $2500 GM discount -$1750 dealer discount. Used a $1000 GM Card discount also. Traded my '16 Colorado Z71 with 18500 miles valued at $27500 (probably should have got more but). Put $2000 down and payment is $175 a month for 63 payments 2.4 % rate. Love my AT4. Seems to have twice the get up and go that the '16 had.
What made you decide on Canyon vs another z71?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts