21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
So does this mean that the change started sometime in 2019? And how do you read VIN breakpoints?

My VIN starts 1GCPTC......, and the document indicates the breakpoint is 1GCPTB. . .. Since C is after B (the last letters I gave), does that mean mine is the newer version?
I would assume the last numbers are significant to sequential build dates and would include the effected...... But frankly thats a guess..
I'm a 2016 and start with 1GTP6.... my last numbers are 1202491

I believe the first letters are options i.e. engine, model, etc

Somebody enlighten us?

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Guys, heres why Im being a jerk. Not really, but I may be perceived as a jerk.
If indeed the tank has been redesigned, I want it.
But as of yet, I have not seen or read any hard proof that the tank has been changed.
I think this information is helpful to the Colorado community so I'm looking for real facts.
I got a picture (thank you) and I cant see any obvious external difference.
I would have to obtain two tanks to compare for full discovery. Not happening. Today.

Reactions: C21964

·
Registered
2021 GMC Canyon AT4
130 Posts
Guys, heres why Im being a jerk. Not really, but I may be perceived as a jerk.
If indeed the tank has been redesigned, I want it.
But as of yet, I have not seen or read any hard proof that the tank has been changed.
I think this information is helpful to the Colorado community so I'm looking for real facts.
I got a picture (thank you) and I cant see any obvious external difference.
I would have to obtain two tanks to compare for full discovery. Not happening. Today.
No jerk vibes detected. If you’re a jerk, what does that make me?😦

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
If you're not having any issues I don't see the point, particularly if the redesign is just about gurgling. Paying attention to coolant levels would give you the same protection.
I can think of one reason, if the tank has been strengthened in any way to reduce the possibility of air leaks, then it would be a reliability enhancement. Not saying that's it.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
I can think of one reason, if the tank has been strengthened in any way to reduce the possibility of air leaks, then it would be a reliability enhancement. Not saying that's it.
It's a pressurized system, so I doubt air leaks are an issue.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
It's a pressurized system, so I doubt air leaks are an issue.
I think they can be depending on where the leak is and possibility drawing air back in at the lines to the engine or radiator instead of coolant when the system cools down.

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
Naw, I bet it has the tubes lowered inside or something like that to keep air out of the system. Keeping air out of the system is what the TSB says it's for. Not to keep coolant out of the air (leaks)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts