Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
had a loaner for a couple days
good get up and go like my 2016 canyon v6. 8spd transmission is smooth shifting through the gears. colorado seemed a bit peppier.
interior for the LT is sparse/lame and standard audio setup and the DIC is terrible compared to canyon SLT. everything appears just thrown on the screen randomly. seems like a step backward from earlier models. could be too the dark gray/black interior is industrial looking to me.
ride-wise the canyon is softer, quieter over the same roads. i thought that a bit strange since the shocks are the same and tires are the same brand but 18" instead of 17"

cloth seats are like sitting on a plank of wood with minimal of foam. totally different than the leather although leather was stiff for a few months. i'm guessing that might be one reason the critics are now bad-mouthing the colorados/canyons this year where previous years they were so great. maybe the other brands have better seats and dash but the tacos are still not rated much better or worse
just seemed more like a basic truck than i thought an LT would be and the LT i have driven a couple years ago. SLT has more features all around for an extra $1000. i thought they would be closer altho i haven't driven a 2020 canyon. could be gm is dumbing down the se/wt/Lt in favor of the higher end trucks

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
If the LT is bad the WT must be badder, huh?
So far, I like the Z71 seats and have no complaints about the interior materials.
I WOULD LIKE A FLAT DASH LIKE I HAD IN THE 80'S TO MOUNT THINGS ON!.
The only thing about my seats is the skins are so taught the bottom clips have pulled off. I just leave them like that. I figure if I keep the material too stretched a seam will let loose eventually.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Some of us like the LT layout, and in fact I bought an LT after comparing it to a fully loaded (but non-Denali) GMC. The most significant difference is the headlights, which fortunately for where I drive 99% of the time don't matter. If I owned a higher end model I'd be cursing the automatic HVAC controls daily. As to the controls on the screen, you can rearrange them, but I'm in Android Auto 95% of the time anyway. But I did move the camera icon to the top left position since that's practically the only icon I ever hit.

BTW, I can only assume you didn't use the rear camera. It is likely higher definition than yours and also has trailer backup hookup options yours probably doesn't have.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
BTW, LT+ convenience package was my first choice, but I ultimately decided I got a lot more in the Z71 for a few thou more. Glad I did.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o
Some of us like the LT layout, and in fact I bought an LT after comparing it to a fully loaded (but non-Denali) GMC. The most significant difference is the headlights, which fortunately for where I drive 99% of the time don't matter. If I owned a higher end model I'd be cursing the automatic HVAC controls daily. As to the controls on the screen, you can rearrange them, but I'm in Android Auto 95% of the time anyway. But I did move the camera icon to the top left position since that's practically the only icon I ever hit.

BTW, I can only assume you didn't use the rear camera. It is likely higher definition than yours and also has trailer backup hookup options yours probably doesn't have.
only drove in forward for days...no i noticed no difference in the backup cam except the guidance lines seemed a bit different

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
o
only drove in forward for days...no i noticed no difference in the backup cam except the guidance lines seemed a bit different
Judging by a Silverado I was in, that was maybe a year older, it didn't have the option to have the single line that will back you up right to the hitch from 30 feet out. Very nice. But also, I think the resolution is probably higher now. Not certain.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o

only drove in forward for days...no i noticed no difference in the backup cam except the guidance lines seemed a bit different.
manual heat controls
same crappy headlights although i think they were aimed lower which makes them appear brighter but shorter distance
no fog lights
solid rear window
If the LT is bad the WT must be badder, huh?
So far, I like the Z71 seats and have no complaints about the interior materials.
I WOULD LIKE A FLAT DASH LIKE I HAD IN THE 80'S TO MOUNT THINGS ON!.
The only thing about my seats is the skins are so taught the bottom clips have pulled off. I just leave them like that. I figure if I keep the material too stretched a seam will let loose eventually.
i think some have reported the seat cover seams issue

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Judging by a Silverado I was in, that was maybe a year older, it didn't have the option to have the single line that will back you up right to the hitch from 30 feet out. Very nice. But also, I think the resolution is probably higher now. Not certain.
the larger trucks do have a nicer ride but since mine is paid for i'll keep it a few more years

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
no fog lights
solid rear window
Assuming 2020 is the same as 2019, that truck didn't have the "LT Convenience Package" which quite frankly I could do without. The only thing it has that I would like (but don't really need that badly) is a rear defrost and the fog lights. Since that is a $750 option I'd probably do without if given a choice.

I have less than zero interest in an opening rear window, remote start, heated outside mirrors with body color covers (I installed Boost mirrors), and particularly the EZ Lift tailgate, which I hate.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Dang dude, I want all that stuff, and got it in my Z71....
To each his own, I just never use that stuff, except the tail gate which annoys me because it's too damn slow. I am strong enough I can actually catch it myself, sort of like how I can catch the toilet seat without letting it slam down.

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab Long Bed
336 Posts
To each his own, I just never use that stuff, except the tail gate which annoys me because it's too damn slow. I am strong enough I can actually catch it myself, sort of like how I can catch the toilet seat without letting it slam down.
No that makes sense to me. It's not like the Colorado's tailgate is heavy by any means....

You want your truck to be a truck, not a luxury vehicle...

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
You want your truck to be a truck, not a luxury vehicle...
Exactly, and also I'd like to be able to pick the options on it without options packages being mandatory. So for example, I'd like to be able to get a rear defrost without getting all that other stuff that's part of the package, or maybe rear defrost and fog lights, even if that means I'd be paying over 50% of what the total package would cost.

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab Long Bed
336 Posts
Exactly, and also I'd like to be able to pick the options on it without options packages being mandatory. So for example, I'd like to be able to get a rear defrost without getting all that other stuff that's part of the package, or maybe rear defrost and fog lights, even if that means I'd be paying over 50% of what the total package would cost.
Yeah Ala carte choosing of options would be fantastic. I'm assuming bundling them into packages is probably an efficiency thing for the assembly line....

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Dang dude, I want all that stuff, and got it in my Z71....
Assuming 2020 is the same as 2019, that truck didn't have the "LT Convenience Package" which quite frankly I could do without. The only thing it has that I would like (but don't really need that badly) is a rear defrost and the fog lights. Since that is a $750 option I'd probably do without if given a choice.
Our 2017 Colorado LT CCSB has both the Convenience Pkg and the Luxury Pkg. Chevy, as always, changes options and packages from year to year.
The price was $400 less than a Z71 and got more of what we wanted in features and options. Plus, we got the Z71 wheels and tires for $300 anyway.
In 2017, full leather wasn't available for the Z71 (odd really), plus these 2 packages added in so much more:
Full leather interior option
IO5 Radio with 8" MyLink Touch screen (base level was more basic 7"
Enhanced Color Driver Information Center
  • POWER FRONT Driver and PASSENGER SEATS
  • POWER LUMBAR, DRIVER SEAT
  • REAR WINDOW, SLIDING
  • REMOTE VEHICLE START
  • POWER LUMBAR, FRONT PASSENGER
  • AIR CONDITIONING Automatic Temperature Control
  • REAR WINDOW AUTOMATIC POWER DEFROSTER
  • INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR, AUTO DIMMING
  • OUTSIDE MIRRORS, HEATED CHROME, MANUAL FOLDING