Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered a 2020 Canyon with the long bed? I'm looking at the GMC.com web site and if you pick the long bed crew cab option when doing a build and price the web site defaults to the 4X4 drive train with no option to choose a 2 wheel drive. Is that an over sight on GM's part as the 2 wheel option is available on the 2020 Colorado and they are built on the same assembly line.

Not quite ready to trade up from my 2016 Canyon, but when I do I will want crew cab long bed and 2 wheel drive. I like the GMC brand, but if I can't get what I want from them I'd have to settle for the Colorado instead.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No offense to all those driving a Colorado as I'm sure that they perform as well as the Canyon. Just prefer the look of the GMC as well as the upgrades in the interior, so please don't beat me up because I said I might have to settle for the Colorado.

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
I assume this will be visible, looks like they do not have an option for a CCLB 2WD. Vewy Interesting. It was available in 2019.

Canyon

Select a button above or on the left to learn more about these models.​
AVAILABLE MODELS
2WD / 4WD Base and 2WD SL Extended Cab (T2M53)
2WD Base Crew Cab Short Box (T2M43)
2WD / 4WD SLE and 4WD All Terrain Extended Cab (T2N53)
2WD / 4WD SLE and 4WD All Terrain Crew Cab Short Box (T2N43)
4WD SLE and 4WD All Terrain Crew Cab Long Box (T2U43)
2WD / 4WD SLT, 4WD All Terrain and 2WD / 4WD Denali Crew Cab Short Box (T2P43)
4WD SLT, 4WD All Terrain and 4WD Denali Crew Cab Long Box (T2V43)

Canyon

Select a button above or on the left to learn more about these models.​
AVAILABLE MODELS
2WD / 4WD Base and 2WD SL Extended Cab (T2M53)
2WD Base Crew Cab Short Box (T2M43)
2WD Base Crew Cab Long Box (T2T43)
2WD / 4WD SLE and 4WD All Terrain Extended Cab (T2N53)
2WD / 4WD SLE and 4WD All Terrain Crew Cab Short Box (T2N43)
2WD / 4WD SLE and 4WD All Terrain Crew Cab Long Box (T2U43)
4WD Extended Cab All Terrain (T2P53)
2WD / 4WD SLT, 4WD All Terrain and Denali Crew Cab Short Box (T2P43)
2WD / 4WD SLT, 4WD All Terrain and Denali Crew Cab Long Box (T2V43)

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
No offense to us Colorado Owners. You buy what you want when you are paying for it. Perfectly alright. A lot of the availability options have changed since 2019.

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
Is the CCLB going the way of the manual transmission?

I do really believe that in the 3rd Gen, GM will not have the versions, the ECLB, CCSB, and CCLB, that they have today. Honda has one flavor, CCSB. Jeep has one flavor, CCSB. Ford has two flavors, ECLB and CCSB. Nissan and Toyota are producing their antique designs and so it is easy to maintain the 3 flavors for now. GM came out with 3 flavors to compete.

I assume it is easier to do one frame and 2 configurations: ECLB and CCSB. The bed dimensions are easy to adjust. One length frame on the production line is easier than two. I could argue that the EC cab is more harder to design with the suicide doors than keeping one (crew) cab and just stretching the frame, but I am probably missing several factors.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, I remember reading a release that for 2020 the 2wd CCLB would be dropped. I can't imagine it being a big seller and that's why it was removed but I understand the want. Maybe track down a leftover 19?

My dealer swapped my truck from another dealer because the one they had was missing options. They have a pretty well set up network system that you punch in the options for and it will find it if it's on a lot somewhere. Didn't charge me anything for the swap either. Something else to consider. I ended up with 98% of what I wanted just by using another dealer and the things I didn't get I didn't need or could be added later.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I remember reading a release that for 2020 the 2wd CCLB would be dropped. I can't imagine it being a big seller and that's why it was removed but I understand the want. Maybe track down a leftover 19?

My dealer swapped my truck from another dealer because the one they had was missing options. They have a pretty well set up network system that you punch in the options for and it will find it if it's on a lot somewhere. Didn't charge me anything for the swap either. Something else to consider. I ended up with 98% of what I wanted just by using another dealer and the things I didn't get I didn't need or could be added later.
If the 2WD CCLB model isn't selling well it's most likely because the dealers aren't stocking it. I imagine the SB versions are a few hundred dollars cheaper and maybe that makes them easier to sell off the lot. If I looked at every GMC dealer within 100 miles of my hometown I'd most likely find no more than a couple LB models anywhere.
I'm glad that you were able to find a truck with 98% of what you want on it. I'm not that lucky and had to order my 2016 Canyon. Looks like I might have to do the same when the time comes to get another one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If the 2WD CCLB model isn't selling well it's most likely because the dealers aren't stocking it. I imagine the SB versions are a few hundred dollars cheaper and maybe that makes them easier to sell off the lot. If I looked at every GMC dealer within 100 miles of my hometown I'd most likely find no more than a couple LB models anywhere.
I'm glad that you were able to find a truck with 98% of what you want on it. I'm not that lucky and had to order my 2016 Canyon. Looks like I might have to do the same when the time comes to get another one.
Yea. My truck was 1 of 2 within 60 miles. They had a carrier ready to go out to Pittsburgh for mine. After test driving a full leather one vs the cloth/leather I ended up liking the seat better so I was able to get that one.

One thing I did notice was that Canyon CCLBs are significantly less common to find on a lot than a colorado. But even still, it was hard to find mine but they did work with me. I also got a lot of free stuff out of it too so I ain't complaining. I was ready to order mine and have it built but the price difference because of all the discounts I got made it hard to pull the trigger.

As far as sales, most of my friends as why I got such a "big" truck. If I were to guess the short bed variation is perceived as easier to park and did carry a pretty substantial price difference at sticker for a similarly equipped vehicle. Coming from 3500 dually dumps, it ain't a big truck so it doesnt bother me lol. But I can see why they stock those more.

Good luck with your search and I hope you find what you're looking for!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I really hope they keep the CCLB option in the next gen as that will be my next truck when my Silverado gets closer to 150k/10 years. My dads truck is a 2wd CCLB Canyon, I enjoy driving that truck and much prefer how it fits in my garage (my Silverado is a CCSB). I just hope the next gen adds dual climate control (me and the misses are two completely different body temps as most couples are), the 2.7 and adaptive cruise in mid level trims as I am not a leather fan and want cloth.

Tyler

1 - 9 of 9 Posts