Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 days old and 2 visits for a MAF sensor failure... I'm reading through the forum and searching the web... Is this a GM problem or just my bad luck?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Bad luck, it's a very unusual failure, even on higher mileage trucks.

Reactions: 23103a and White016

·
Registered
2 Posts
3 days old and 2 visits for a MAF sensor failure... I'm reading through the forum and searching the web... Is this a GM problem or just my bad luck?
I have a 2018 and I have had it in 3 times for the MAF sensor. It just went off again.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71
114 Posts
Odd. For the 3 day old one it's probably just a random bad part. Gotta happen to someone sometime. For the 2018 being in 3x are they replacing the MAF, cleaning it etc? Do you have an aftermarket air filter or Cai?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Odd. For the 3 day old one it's probably just a random bad part. Gotta happen to someone sometime. For the 2018 being in 3x are they replacing the MAF, cleaning it etc? Do you have an aftermarket air filter or Cai?
They are cleaning it, I have been replacing the air filter every 15,000 with aftermarket. They said to keep doing that and the sensor going off is telling me to replace the air filter. Saga continues.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
if you're using a K&N air filter that could be your problem

·
Registered
809 Posts
if you're using a K&N air filter that could be your problem
If so simple fix if filter is over oiled and fouls the maf all you have to do is take plug off maf, take two screws out to take maf out, spray with maf cleaner (inexpensive at walmart, don't touch elements, spray hell out of it it drys almost immediately) reverse procedure and go on down the road, simple and problem solved for K&N over oiled filters causing maf problem.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
They are cleaning it, I have been replacing the air filter every 15,000 with aftermarket. They said to keep doing that and the sensor going off is telling me to replace the air filter. Saga continues.
What, that's not how the sensor works. The air filter keeps things clean, so if their fix is to clean the MAF then you need to figure out why it's getting dirty in the first place. Are you using an aftermarket OILED filter? Aftermarket paper filter? What? The MAF sensor being used to determine when to change the filter or clean the MAF is simply not how it works. You need to find and address the actual problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts