Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've barely even broken in my new truck, but I wanted to post a few things that stand out after having it for about 500 miles.
Some specs including options above standard z71:
2019 Colorado Z71 V6
8" Infotainment 3 plus with Bose speaker system
Heavy duty trailering package

First off, overall I'm completely satisfied with my purchase. I had gone around and around with several new and used midsize and full-size truck models, but this one was always first on my list. This is my first truck that I've owned in 20+ years, so I don't have much to compare it to. I did drive a 2018 ram 1500 hemi for about a week and that was a pretty sweet ride, but I will probably never buy another Chrysler product again (I have a 2015 Jeep Cherokee, and while I love the car, it hasn't always loved me)
I'm not going to comment much on the ride, mostly because the "off-road" package basically nullifies a super smooth ride. The brakes feel a bit spongy at first, but I've gotten used to them.

Seats: My first impression of the seats was unsure to uncomfortable even during the test drive. By this point I was pretty certain I was getting it, so I didn't really let it get to me. I have the seats with the leatherette trim (not sure if this is standard?) They feel stiff/rough/weird at first, but after driving it for a while, even for an hour or more at a time, I haven't noticed a problem. I guess at first look, I thought it was going to be uncomfortable, but so far that's not the case.
I've read a review somewhere that the author had a hard time finding a proper/comfortable driving position. I have to agree - I'm still looking for the right spot and with the power adjusted seats, it makes it worse.

Transmission: I'll not say much, only that I've driven a few newer model cars with 8/9 speed transmissions, and they all seem to have less-than-desireable shifting, mostly from 1st to 2nd, and at lower speeds. This seems to be an industry-wide issue. My Cherokee is pretty bad at this, but I was told it was "normal" by an engineer who works on them at Chrysler headquarters.

A few cons that have bugged me, but obviously aren't a deal breaker:
The wireless charging pad - It's pretty useless for me. My galaxy s10 doesn't fit unless I turn it about 45 degrees, then it just slides off. I've seen a post about getting rid of it completely and I might look at that another time.

The infotainment system: I guess this is a new thing that GM decided to do, but they took away the messaging option from their radios. This allowed you to listen to and send text messages from a phone through bluetooth. The phone capability is still there. Now, you have to be connected via usb (bye bye wireless charging) to android auto or apple car play. I like android auto, i just don't like being plugged in to the usb port all the time in order to use it (I've read that google is looking at using android auto over bluetooth, but it's not out yet)
The touchscreen isn't all that great, especially in android auto. I find I have to tap multiple times to select an app. Hopefully this gets easier the more I use it. I wish the steering wheel controls would work to navigate around android auto instead of using the touchscreen but I don't think they do (maybe I'm wrong? )

I'm still trying to dial in the right settings, but I'm pretty happy with the bose speaker package. From what I've heard, it is a good upgrade from the base speakers. I've seen people recommending to disconnect the center speaker. I disagree. I think the center speaker is what makes this stand out from other cars I've owned. Again, I'm still trying to find the right eq settings.

A few things I'm going to look at or buy soon are either a bed mat or liner, and a tonneau cover. I keep seeing people recommend a line x spray in liner and a friend recoomended I get a truxedo tonneau cover.

Sorry for the long post from such a new owner, but I was bored :p

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
A dead pedal made the seat more comfortable for me, took awhile to find the "spot" but I'm good for several hours of seat time before I need to stretch my legs.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Some of the 19's Z71 still have the text message like mine. I can't send them but can receive them voice read to me on informant screen. And some that don't have the message on the 19's have called GM I believe it was and it was put back on. And no one responded to my post awhile back. But on mine the phone contact list each one can only be two words. In the past it could be three. I haven't been able to find any where to change that in settings. Example: If my phone says Aunt Billie Cell the informant contact will say Aunt Cell.(drops middle word) But if I have on phone Aunt Billie or Billie Cell it will be that way on informant screen. And of course you have to say exactly whats on the informant contact screen or it won't call that person.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts