Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2019 Colorado Crew Cab LB, 34K. Test drive went perfect, so I bought it.
Drove it home and before I got home, the truck started shuddering on the highway and city traffic.
All kinds of warranties came with it from the dealer. Took it in today. 6 hours later ready to pick it up.
Drove it home, everything great so far. Just to help others, I attached the work order. Pics coming.

James

Font Parallel Pattern Document Monochrome

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Just purchased a 2019 Colorado Crew Cab LB, 34K. Test drive went perfect, so I bought it.
Drove it home and before I got home, the truck started shuddering on the highway and city traffic.
All kinds of warranties came with it from the dealer. Took it in today. 6 hours later ready to pick it up.
Drove it home, everything great so far. Just to help others, I attached the work order. Pics coming.

James

View attachment 429984
Yup that’s what they do and not all but most cases fixes it. Some need the torque converter replaced.

Reactions: ARCowboy

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yup that’s what they do and not all but most cases fixes it. Some need the torque converter replaced.
Hopefully the fluid change will solve the shuddering, but if the previous owner drove it for several years with the shudder, odds are that the shuddering will eventually come back and the torque convertor will need changed.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i'm betting shudders are going to be an issue for the life of these trannies. fluid changes are going to be the norm, so mobile1 better start lowering the price of the blue label fluid. i had mine flushed 30000km ago and i'm getting minor shudders again. just ordered myself a case of fluid on amazon and a new filter.

i might start looking for alternative fluids like amsoil as well, or even some stop shudder additives.

·
Registered
232 Posts
So strange some do it and some don't. What's the difference in those that don't?
probably just the ass of the driver, some may notice it some may not

generally i find its the worst at low rpm when the engine is lugging when accelerating. feels pretty similar to the lugging of a manual transmission

·
Registered
315 Posts
Reactions: RJL1983

·
Registered
2018 Chevy ZR2
398 Posts
Can you share the link for the filter?
i'm betting shudders are going to be an issue for the life of these trannies. fluid changes are going to be the norm, so mobile1 better start lowering the price of the blue label fluid. i had mine flushed 30000km ago and i'm getting minor shudders again. just ordered myself a case of fluid on amazon and a new filter.

i might start looking for alternative fluids like amsoil as well, or even some stop shudder additives.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
So strange some do it and some don't. What's the difference in those that don't?
Driving habits have a lot to do with it. Shudder occurs most often in 8th gear at or below 2k rpm. I always use Manual mode and command 6th or 7th gear...no shudder. Shift to 8th it well shudder, pull down to 7th it stops. In town I always command 4th or 5th gear as the highest to use, my 8l45 shifts very nicely, 8th is for 70+ on the freeway. 6th is 1 to 1, 7th and 8th are overdrive. Maybe it because I learned to drive in a old Ford with a 3 speed and overdrive, you had to learn when to pull the cable to engage overdrive.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Driving habits have a lot to do with it. Shudder occurs most often in 8th gear at or below 2k rpm. I always use Manual mode and command 6th or 7th gear...no shudder. Shift to 8th it well shudder, pull down to 7th it stops. In town I always command 4th or 5th gear as the highest to use, my 8l45 shifts very nicely, 8th is for 70+ on the freeway. 6th is 1 to 1, 7th and 8th are overdrive. Maybe it because I learned to drive in a old Ford with a 3 speed and overdrive, you had to learn when to pull the cable to engage overdrive.
lol no it doesn't its usually at lower speeds or about 20mph-40mph when you're lightly accelerating. i've never once had the tranny shudder happen in 8th gear, its usually 4th-6th and thats also what the TSB states

1 - 13 of 13 Posts