Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that on the 2019 Silverados IOS/IOT/IOU systems they were starting to get a 805.1 software in August. Currently I'm still on 803.1 (which is the previous version for them also). Does anyone 1. Know if the software is the same and 2. Know if the new version is coming for the Colorados soon?

Just a few bugs that are really annoying so I hope it is...it's been almost 6 months since the last update.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got the update the other day, seems like everything is working just fine

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
how do we know if we have the update?

Reactions: Old SFC

·
Registered
810 Posts
Go to settings-vehicle-browse down to updates- tap on that and it will tell you if you have the current or one is available.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I found out I had the update when I shut my truck off and it played a chime and it asked me to "OK" the update to start then. But of course Johnnyone's answer is a much better way to actually check for it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i'm still on version 803 and when checked last night (19 GMC Canyon), it says it has no update. Do you have to have onstar subscription to receive update? (i was connected to my home wifi when i checked for update).

·
Registered
717 Posts
i'm still on version 803 and when checked last night (19 GMC Canyon), it says it has no update. Do you have to have onstar subscription to receive update? (i was connected to my home wifi when i checked for update).
They come out over a period of days. The wife got hers about 3 days before mine and previously I got mine before hers. As long as you are connected to your wifi, you'll get the update, no Onstar needed.

Reactions: myzr2

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine says its v509 last updated in Nov 18? but it has a build date of 3/19. Maybe Im not looking at the right spot for the current version? Says there is no updates it connects to my home, office and phone hotspot.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Odd. The dealer could always install it if it doesn't install itself in a while. Maybe they just go by VIN number and yours is in a later group? shrug

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine says its v509 last updated in Nov 18? but it has a build date of 3/19. Maybe Im not looking at the right spot for the current version? Says there is no updates it connects to my home, office and phone hotspot.
Same as mine. 2019 ZR2, 3/19 build date, v509 software version dated Nov 2018. No updates available.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got v807 today, dated 1/20. Not sure what the changes are.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Correction don't know if they changed it or I had wrong on my 2019 Colorado but any ways to find out if your update is current you go to settings-system (previously I said vehicle) browse down to updates. Click on that and it will tell you if your updates are current. I just checked mine and it said as of today's date its current.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I just got v807 today. Was trying to find what changed and found the following on a chevy volt forum. Hopefully the SD card issues are fixed because I've had numerous issues with gps SD car errors after the previous update.

• Previously paired Bluetooth Device does not auto-connect.
• SD Card Error code 0x40000
• SD Card Removed message when card has not been removed
• Last vehicle position is incorrect until vehicle begins moving
• Climate Off displayed on Climate app/page, fan speed greyed out, temperature selected does not match user setting (CT6)
• Vehicle position may not update on maps or while in a tunnel (China)
• Correct translation of Teen Driver Mode to My Driving Coach (Korea)
• Unable to use specific point-of-interest (POI) voice recognition commands (Korea)
• Blank or static/scrambled screen (CT6)

Reactions: Opusnbill7

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab Long Bed
562 Posts
My truck downloaded an update tonight as well, New 2020 with only 800 miles on it. Thought it was odd that new of a rig would need new software already...

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
My truck downloaded an update tonight as well, New 2020 with only 800 miles on it. Thought it was odd that new of a rig would need new software already...
I've had my truck less than a year, and I think this one was the third update, but at least the second, so the updates are rather frequent. You just happened to get one fairly quickly.

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
They are computers. They are mostly bug fixes, plus updates so they recognise constantly new released hardware, like phones and other pairable items.(think driver updates).

Reactions: Bauerman

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab Long Bed
562 Posts
They are computers. They are mostly bug fixes, plus updates so they recognise constantly new released hardware, like phones and other pairable items.(think driver updates).
Makes sense. It took about 15 min, must have used my data trial with AT&T to do the download as I have not connected my home wifi to it at this point. I liked the messages related to it as well, park it, turn off the truck, take the key out and GO AWAY.... don't come back for at least 13 minutes...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Makes sense. It took about 15 min, must have used my data trial with AT&T to do the download as I have not connected my home wifi to it at this point. I liked the messages related to it as well, park it, turn off the truck, take the key out and GO AWAY.... don't come back for at least 13 minutes...
Same for me a few hours ago.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts