Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2019 gmc canyon 4 cylinder with 285 65 18 with a 4 inch lift the speed is off +3 mph but I lost power I thought about put a chip on it the TRIFECTA does anybody know if it will work or not if anybody has any ideas of how to get my hp and mpg better please let me know

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
You're never going to get the MPG back. You can get the power back by regearing. But the fact is you put big tires on a truck with a small engine, it has to work harder to spin those tires no matter what.

Trifecta would help to compensate the speedo, but your MPG and Power are still going to suffer from the larger rolling mass.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I'm a bit surprised GMC offers the 4. Doesn't seem like a good business decision since more available options reduce profit. Must be something to satisfy the GMC dealers.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
The 4-cyl gas is a good engine, but not the one to have if you want to hop up your truck. If you just want to haul things around, within its limits, it’s a reasonable option.
I'm not saying it isn't, I'm just saying it costs GM money to have more engines on a model, even if it's a slightly different model like the Canyon. Profit-wise they'd be better only offering that option on the Colorado and not the Canyon.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Does Trifecta even make a tune for the 4 banger? 🤷‍♂️

Or is this a diesel????

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'm not saying it isn't, I'm just saying it costs GM money to have more engines on a model, even if it's a slightly different model like the Canyon. Profit-wise they'd be better only offering that option on the Colorado and not the Canyon.
It doesn’t, though. The two brands are made on the same assembly line, so the LCV engine is already part of the inventory. Putting it in the Canyon is just a matter of bookkeeping. It is trivial to support it when it is already in the Colorado.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
The 4 cylinder is a good engine when used as sold, but lifting and larger tires, it cannot handle that.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
It doesn’t, though. The two brands are made on the same assembly line, so the LCV engine is already part of the inventory. Putting it in the Canyon is just a matter of bookkeeping. It is trivial to support it when it is already in the Colorado.
It's true that the assembly line is a great deal of the extra cost, but there's more to it than that. The 2.7 turbo is probably going to make these concerns moot.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Sorry, but if you're going to mod the hell out of a truck w/ 4-cyl motor it's not going to perform anywhere near expectations. Unless you bore it out, or add supercharger/turbo...not gonna work. If you planned on making an off-roading warrior, 4-cyl wasn't the correct option...trade f/ ZR2 w/ 6-cyl or Diesel (IMO).

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
Is this a 2 wd or 4wd?

You put 60lb tires on a truck that came with tires that were 24 lbs lighter, 2inch smaller in diameter and almost 2 inches narrower, which each one by themselves rob power let a lone all 3 together

if you want to adjust the speedometer buy the RC speedometer calibrator,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts