Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, im looking at different Bull bars to install on my 19 Colorado z71. My question is mount location. Ive seen on other trucks where some bull bars mount underneath to frame and some install in tow hook locations. Anyone have any ideas on which styles (Aries, TAC, Westin, Tyger, etc.) out there mount to which location? Also for those that mount to bottom frame, its my understanding that some modification is required to Air Dam, OR Air dam must be removed. Again, any ideas on why some require removal of air dam while others just need a modification? If anyone has pics of their installed Bull Bars with the air dam still in place, can you please post them. Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
not postive on the topic, but as for the full removal, or modification....Im sure its the same thing...from the pics ive seen of them...you are gonna have to cut into the air damn, to make space....or remove it completely. Its just to allow the bull bar to sit higher on the truck....i sure the choice is yours....cuts holes/grooves for it to fit, or just pull it off.....

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey everyone, im looking at different Bull bars to install on my 19 Colorado z71. My question is mount location. Ive seen on other trucks where some bull bars mount underneath to frame and some install in tow hook locations. Anyone have any ideas on which styles (Aries, TAC, Westin, Tyger, etc.) out there mount to which location? Also for those that mount to bottom frame, its my understanding that some modification is required to Air Dam, OR Air dam must be removed. Again, any ideas on why some require removal of air dam while others just need a modification? If anyone has pics of their installed Bull Bars with the air dam still in place, can you please post them. Thanks
Mine mounts where the tow hooks are. Boneheads that mounted it said hooks could remain in place but still took them off. I went ballistic and took it back for reinstall. Then they trimmed the holes where the hooks protrude. I wasn't aware they were going to do any of this but in the end it still looks pretty good. I'm really picky.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mpack, thats the exact same one im looking at getting. Looks sweet!!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Just make sure you understand that brush/bull bars are good for looks and that's about all. They have almost zero effect for defense of the front end and may even cause more damage than had you not installed the bar in the first place. Even as a platform for mounting lights they leave something to be desired and will usually result in lights whose beams move with movement of the bar.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just make sure you understand that brush/bull bars are good for looks and that's about all. They have almost zero effect for defense of the front end and may even cause more damage than had you not installed the bar in the first place. Even as a platform for mounting lights they leave something to be desired and will usually result in lights whose beams move with movement of the bar.
I disagree. Hit a pigeon the other day and it held up pretty good! As far as the lights are concerned, I think they work really well.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I assume you mean the pigeon held up pretty good. Did it wreck the bar? 😜
Been waiting all day for your comment on that one.:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts