Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I tend to do all things blue: blue cars, motorcycles, etc... I went looking for pics of the GMC Canyon in the new 2018 Marine Blue Metallic color. Decided to share them, since there are really no pics widely available of this color on the GMC Canyon yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Thanks MikeNEPA for the photos. Question, is the colour really called Marine Blue on the Canyon because yesterday I saw one on a lot and the window sticker said "Canyon" and "Kinetic Blue"? I took a photo of the sticker to prove it but accidentally deleted it while posting. I assume this is just another one of those seemingly increasing mistakes the factory is making as they rush to meet demand. Anyone know?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Thanks rdslon01 for the pics and with cocoa dune no less. That window sticker proves that Marine Blue is correct. The window sticker I saw was clearly a mistake. Obviously both colours are the same with different names.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Ok those photos bring up another question. That truck is clearly an SLE. I thought cocoa dune was only available with leather which means the SLT. Is there such a thing as cocoa dune in cloth?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Find out the paint codes for kinectic blue and Marine blue, and I'm sure they're probably the same.
Yes, both are the same paint code.

Ok those photos bring up another question. That truck is clearly an SLE. I thought cocoa dune was only available with leather which means the SLT. Is there such a thing as cocoa dune in cloth?

Yup, Cocoa Dune Cloth is available on the SLE.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
GM is really big on that for some reason. My H2 and my friend's H3 were exactly the same color, but mine was Stealth Gray, and his was Slate Blue. Why????

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,031 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just checked gmfleetorderguide.com.

Marine Blue Metallic on the Canyon has RPO Code GD1 with a paint reference number of WA-388A.

Kinetic Blue Metallic on the Colorado has RPO Code GD1 with a paint reference number of WA-388A.

They are EXACTLY the same color (one tube of touch-up paint could be shared with both).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cocoa / Dune comes in cloth for the SLE (RPO H2T) or leather for the SLT (RPO H0K). That color is not available for any trim level other than SLE and SLT.

I really like the color, and so does my wife. We have Cocoa / Dune on our order. The truck is supposed to be built in the week of October 16.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Cocoa / Dune comes in cloth for the SLE (RPO H2T) or leather for the SLT (RPO H0K). That color is not available for any trim level other than SLE and SLT.

I really like the color, and so does my wife. We have Cocoa / Dune on our order. The truck is supposed to be built in the week of October 16.
Ok. I thought it was SLT leather only. I originally ordered Cocoa Dune on my white SLT but someone screwed up and built my truck with black interior. It's ok because once I saw both interiors in person, I ended up liking the black more than I thought and the CD not so much and they knocked off about two grand for the error.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I wish I could get the GMC Canyon in an extended cab/long bed 4x4 with diesel. I with the WT type trims (Canyon) would allow for a bump up to navigation and upgraded (BOSE) radio. Chances are, if you're getting a WT trim, you're going to be behind the wheel a lot. I would want large tires on 16" wheels with vinyl seats, heavy duty vinyl floor, spray-in bed liner, trailering package. and convenience package.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I got another chance to get a pic of the window sticker that shows a Canyon with Kinetic Blue instead of Marine Blue. I guess someone made a mistake.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I love the blue but not with the chrome grill. I wonder how it looks with he painted grill.

The ZR2 I saw looked great with this color.

The chrome almost needs a darker blue like on the full size trucks.

I love the coco interior but brown with blue?

But yet I could not get it on my Quarts Red Denali that matched it better? It must be the vented seats?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.