Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018, Z71 Off Road, and I'm researching the various tune providers and their services. I know that Trifecta is the most popular provider here on the forum, but I'm curious to hear what other tune providers are out there and what experiences other Colorado/Canyon owners have had with them.

Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
2020 ZR2 V6 Crew Cab, Summit White
48 Posts
I have been looking for tuners also since I'm about to install a supercharger on my 3.6 colorado. So far I only found Trifecta, Will at Overkill, and Peitz performance. Will at Overkill is supposedly a one man show and is super slammed so he might take forever to get back to you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
why do you want another tune, i'm pretty happy with my Trifecta tune, would be nice to have a bit more low end power but i can't blame the tune, thats just the LGZ itself

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why do you want another tune, i'm pretty happy with my Trifecta tune, would be nice to have a bit more low end power but i can't blame the tune, thats just the LGZ itself
Why did you settle for the Trifecta tune? Just because Trifecta is the best at marketing doesn't necessarily mean that they provide the best tune. I'm not saying that they don't sell a great product, but if I'm going to pay $500+, then I'm going to do my due diligence and compare what they are selling to their competitors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know HP Tuning claims to support the new Colorado V6. Though I haven’t been able to find anyone locally that will custom tune a Colorado, you’d have to use HP’s canned tunes.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Why did you settle for the Trifecta tune? Just because Trifecta is the best at marketing doesn't necessarily mean that they provide the best tune. I'm not saying that they don't sell a great product, but if I'm going to pay $500+, then I'm going to do my due diligence and compare what they are selling to their competitors.
they were the only ones i found and would actually respond back, i tried to contact overkill about a his recommendations and got jack diddly from them so i went to the tuner with the better customer service

I can’t reccomend a company that outright lies in their store listings.
which company does this?

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
Tuning gets you 20 to 30 max gain. A supercharger can add 125. Yes, it costs more, but if want real gain, it's the only way to go short of swapping in a V-8.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tuning gets you 20 to 30 max gain. A supercharger can add 125. Yes, it costs more, but if want real gain, it's the only way to go short of swapping in a V-8.
Super charger or turbos, but I've yet to see a turbo kit for these trucks. The head design would make it pretty easy to bolt a turbo directly to the head, but obviously a custom flange would need to be made.

Honestly the idea of a small turbo setup to increase the low end power of the LGZ is more enticing to me then putting a supercharger on, at the end of the day it's a truck and the torque and power is needed lower down

1 - 11 of 11 Posts