Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the GMC Canyon have a All Terrain X for 2018. I have the Z71 Colorado 2015 and want something a little more aggressive looking. The Zr2 looks great but in Conneticut Im not sure there is a lot of 4 wheel drive opportunities. And
Im not sure I can justify the miles per gallon on a daily driver. I usually trade in 3 to 4 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The all terrain trim wasn't available at the start of production for whatever reason. My local dealer informed me today that they're now orderable. All terrain x is indeed a selectable package on the gm family first site in the build & price ui. However, there is no all terrain selection on gmc's standard site yet.

I was wrestling with waiting for a 18 or jumping on a 17, but after seeing a rendering I realized I'm not as big of a fan of the black grill as I thought I'd be. It seems cheaper to me. Also, I'm a bit disappointed that the new blue doesn't seem to be an option for the all terrains. To each their own though!

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
In previous years, the All Terrain X was very similar in options as the Chevy Trailboss. It didn't lift or raise the truck. You should be able to read the added options at GMC's website.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Here it is straight from the GMC website. This is everything added to the SLE Canyon.

Highlights Include:

Sliding rear window

Power front passenger seat, 4-way

Power driver seat with lumbar control

Power front passenger seat lumbar control

Remote vehicle starter system

Single-zone automatic air conditioning

Spray-on Bedliner, Black

Jet Black/Cobalt Red, Cloth seat trim

Hill Descent Control

Heated driver and front passenger seats
Transfer case shield
17" all-terrain blackwall tires (All Terrain specific)

17" Dark Argent Metallic cast aluminum wheels
17" Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac all-terrain tires
All-weather Floor Liner

3" Off-road step bars, Black

Bumper, rear body-color
Off-Road Suspension

Note: I'm not sure what they mean by "Off Road Suspension" because it shouldn't be any different than the All Terrain package.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The only differences between the All-Terrain and the All Terrain X are: All weather floor mats, Off road steps, and Duratrac Tires.

Reactions: Mason14

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I thought the X is only available in limited colors or only one color.

As for the suspensions GM states different tuning but they never say what.

My Denali claims a specially tuned suspension but they never say what they did.

I have 20 inch wheels but who knows what else they did or if they did.

I think mine rides and handles better but that could be the larger tires?

GM can m t time really lack details on things like this.

·
Registered
11,493 Posts
I really wanted the All Terrain, but the 2018 model isn't available with Marine Blue Metallic.

Womp womp.
The All Terrain models have been color constrained every year.

Just noticed that the AT will be available with leather trim at some point in 2018. That might have been the path I chose if available in 2015.

Can't build any AT versions on GMC's website right now?

·
Registered
11,493 Posts
Looking at the build options, assuming they make them all available one day, I would probably get a Z71 with leather seats - I think I could get a 2018 Z71 4WD version with leather for not much more than my 2015 2WD Canyon SLT.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Appears to be some cosmetic changes to the '18 All Terrain if you go to this site https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/build-and-price/ and build one.

Grill looks to lose even more chrome. Inside portion not just the surround

Chrome 'chin' piece is black

May be not correct on the web site or it may be '18 changes

Also, there is a rumor that leather will be available as an option at some point but its not there now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, the 2018 All Terrain pkg looks really good.

I need to get the part #'s for that lower trim piece, and the grill.
Might be worth it to get mine painted a body shop to match.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
That's just an All Terrain with a black grill. That doesn't include the X Package. Nice price though.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That's just an All Terrain with a black grill. That doesn't include the X Package. Nice price though.
The grill is black on all SLE in 2018 including All Terrain. Surround is body color as previous. 'Chin' on 2017 AT was also chrome. Now its black like all SLE. I'm gonna assume the "X" is going to look the same as standard AT with a black grill interior, body color surround and a black chin too.

When in onyx (like this one) the whole thing is black. Looks a bit strange to me. I would like to see the premium red or the white with the black pieces.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
The grill is black on all SLE in 2018 including All Terrain. Surround is body color as previous. 'Chin' on 2017 AT was also chrome. Now its black like all SLE. I'm gonna assume the "X" is going to look the same as standard AT with a black grill interior, body color surround and a black chin too.

When in onyx (like this one) the whole thing is black. Looks a bit strange to me. I would like to see the premium red or the white with the black pieces.
So the black colored grill and black chin is now standard on the 2018 All Terrain? That's very interesting. I'd like to see a red one. I loved the interior of the All Terrains the best with the red stitching, but hated the three chrome bars kinda floating in space on the front. I ended up with the Z71 because I liked the exterior more.
It's also kinda weird that the only chrome left on the truck is the window molding.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.