Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Colorado Z-71
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I had a similar issue with my 2018, turns out it was an issue with the fuel pump.... some bushing at the firewall was never installed and it shook the crap out of the truck and got worse with high speeds. Had to do a dash removal to fix it at like 5500 miles.
That's really interesting. I am definitely going to mention it to the mechanic, unless GM does the right thing and replaces the truck. I posted a new video with the camera mounted to the passenger's seat. It really shows what I've been putting up with for the past 2+ years.

·
Registered
2018 cclb 2wd WT V6 sold 2020
39 Posts
I feel for ya, good job documenting it. Continue to fight for a buyout. My truck did the exact same thing on the ride to trade it in. Started as a small shudder at highway speeds after a tire rotation shop confirmed it wasn’t tires, they mentioned driveline problem I laughed and left(25,000mi). Problem popped up on slow rolling 2 lane roads on the uphill portions(think manual that needs to be downshifted) badly shaking(25,000mi+). The fact that your transmission was replaced with the torque converter fluid swap “bubblegum fix” shows they need to replace your truck. The fact you had all this work done makes me feel better about my decision to move on from it while it had trade in value(32,000mi). My truck shook as badly as yours at those speeds and felt like it would either leave me stranded or explode like a Hollywood movie! Haha. I didn’t have the time to fight GM and moved on from ever owning their products again. Good luck! BTW...I am jealous of all of you that got good ones b/c I loved that little truck.

·
Registered
2018 Colorado Z-71
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I feel for ya, good job documenting it. Continue to fight for a buyout. My truck did the exact same thing on the ride to trade it in. Started as a small shudder at highway speeds after a tire rotation shop confirmed it wasn’t tires, they mentioned driveline problem I laughed and left(25,000mi). Problem popped up on slow rolling 2 lane roads on the uphill portions(think manual that needs to be downshifted) badly shaking(25,000mi+). The fact that your transmission was replaced with the torque converter fluid swap “bubblegum fix” shows they need to replace your truck. The fact you had all this work done makes me feel better about my decision to move on from it while it had trade in value(32,000mi). My truck shook as badly as yours at those speeds and felt like it would either leave me stranded or explode like a Hollywood movie! Haha. I didn’t have the time to fight GM and moved on from ever owning their products again. Good luck! BTW...I am jealous of all of you that got good ones b/c I loved that little truck.
Thanks for the input Da Grouch. I have told them the exact same thing..... It feels like a manual that needs to be downshifted, or an engine misfire when driving at 35 to 50 mph. Once it gets to 75 mph, the entire truck shakes like crazy. So tired of it.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Thanks for the input Da Grouch. I have told them the exact same thing..... It feels like a manual that needs to be downshifted, or an engine misfire when driving at 35 to 50 mph. Once it gets to 75 mph, the entire truck shakes like crazy. So tired of it.
have you put it up on a rack and run it up to speed to see where the vibration is coming from yet?

·
Registered
2018 Colorado Z-71
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
have you put it up on a rack and run it up to speed to see where the vibration is coming from yet?
Well, the first garage told me, a few times, they "can't duplicate the issue on the rack", so I assume they have tried that. It's been in the garage about 260 days over the past couple of years, and it's never stopped shaking at high speeds and sputtering along, the same as Da Grouch described, at slower speeds. I have to wonder if the two issues are related.

·
Registered
3 Posts
on my 2019 Colorado CCLB V-6 WT i had the same problem. The whole truck had a vibration above 65mph, did not go away if i put it in neutral at speed. Tires rebalanced, road force balanced and tires rotated on rims, no help. The drive shaft was replaced twice, the rear axel had shims added, rebuilt the rear end(new gears, carrier bearing and pinon bearing) vibration still their. Ended up replacing the complete rear axel assy., The vibration is gone finely.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Rick, I had/have a suspicion that our issue is related to the ecu mapping of the cylinder deactivation and the programming of the 8speed. I am near certain that is the issue on the rolling hills. What I couldn’t explain/interpret was the high speed issue, 2200rpms at 80mph now it feels like every piece of the truck is gonna fall off :unsure: That made me run...almost impossible to determine without GM type money launching a root cause analysis investigation, which I am sure they haven’t simply because we are the small fraction of owners with the issue. Heck, they didn’t even have to spend any money on me, I bailed once I was told oil (atf) was/is the issue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
on my 2019 Colorado CCLB V-6 WT i had the same problem. The whole truck had a vibration above 65mph, did not go away if i put it in neutral at speed. Tires rebalanced, road force balanced and tires rotated on rims, no help. The drive shaft was replaced twice, the rear axel had shims added, rebuilt the rear end(new gears, carrier bearing and pinon bearing) vibration still their. Ended up replacing the complete rear axel assy., The vibration is gone finely.
that’s great news, how many miles on odometer since rear replacement?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow this scares me! I have a shake that starts at 82. It’s in the rear as I only feel it in my feet, the water bottle in the center console shakes and the pass seat wobbles. That tells me it’s in the rear, but it’s hard for me to believe that the tires need to be balanced at 21k miles.

I will have the dealership do it just in case it’s something else! Op, sorry you’ve had to put up with that!

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Well, the first garage told me, a few times, they "can't duplicate the issue on the rack", so I assume they have tried that. It's been in the garage about 260 days over the past couple of years, and it's never stopped shaking at high speeds and sputtering along, the same as Da Grouch described, at slower speeds. I have to wonder if the two issues are related.
was this the corner garage or a gm dealer?

I would takeit to a corner garage and stand there and watch them raise it up and run it.
Actually the local garage had me take it to an alignment shop and they raised it up and ran it.

·
Registered
2018 Colorado Z-71
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
They've done all of that, other than the drive shaft, to mine. Still shakes.

·
Registered
2018 Colorado Z-71
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
was this the corner garage or a gm dealer?

I would takeit to a corner garage and stand there and watch them raise it up and run it.
Actually the local garage had me take it to an alignment shop and they raised it up and ran it.
The first garage was Lou Bachrodt Chevrolet in Coconut Creek Florida. The second garage was Coral Springs Buick GMC. The experience at LBC was horrible. The other people are great but they had it about 200 days without any improvement with the vibration or chugging at low speeds. They did diagnose a noise in the front end that the other garage said was my imagination. They replaced the leaf spring bushings and the problem was solved.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
The first garage was Lou Bachrodt Chevrolet in Coconut Creek Florida. The second garage was Coral Springs Buick GMC. The experience at LBC was horrible. The other people are great but they had it about 200 days without any improvement with the vibration or chugging at low speeds. They did diagnose a noise in the front end that the other garage said was my imagination. They replaced the leaf spring bushings and the problem was solved.
yep, 24 days ago I mentioned taking it to a corner shop and have them lift it up and run it to find where the vibration is.
You may have had it already fixed or actually know the cause by now. or 30 minutes after they ran it.
a "garage" is not the Dealer Service dept. In my world a "garage" is the 2 bay shop on the corner or a good tire shop.

·
Registered
2018 Colorado Z-71
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So, I think I've heard it all now. A GM customer service rep told me today that my truck shakes at 80 mph because A Z71 Colorado is not designed to be driven at 80 mph.

Yes. Really, that's what she said.

So, I posted a new video that shows the truck shaking at 75 mph.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It’s amazing some people can maintain employment. Imagine all the lies this person feeds people day in and out. It’s very wrong what they are doing to you. You have amazing patience. Have you talked to a lemon law lawyer?I know state laws are different but you need out of the truck.

·
Registered
2018 Colorado Z-71
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It’s amazing some people can maintain employment. Imagine all the lies this person feeds people day in and out. It’s very wrong what they are doing to you. You have amazing patience. Have you talked to a lemon law lawyer? I know state laws are different but you need out of the truck.
I have tried the Lemon Law and met all the requirements for repurchase or replacement. The guy fromm BBB told them it does vibrate at highway speeds. However, the folks at GM said the vibration doesn't hurt the safety, value or use of the vehicle, so they denied my claim anyway.

I have posted a picture in my photo album that shows the written response from GM to my claim. They basically say the vibration isn't bad enough to bother them, so it shouldn't bother me. This just keeps getting worse all the time.

Here's a link: Colorado Shakes - Google Photos

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
It’s amazing some people can maintain employment. Imagine all the lies this person feeds people day in and out. It’s very wrong what they are doing to you. You have amazing patience. Have you talked to a lemon law lawyer?I know state laws are different but you need out of the truck.
I bet if he took it to a good shop, not the dealer, they would find the problem right away.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dude, you need to see a good lawyer that does lemon law cases.
They owe you two new trucks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Rick, I forgot you mentioned the lemon law findings, good luck moving forward sometimes the best option costs $ and the knuckleheads that cost you the $ don’t see any more of it from you :mad:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts