Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the accessories page this weekend and noticed a new camera showed up. Does anyone have any experience with this item? I ordered a ZR2 a couple of weeks ago and was thinking of adding this to the order but can't find much info on it.

Part Name: Single Front Camera System by EchoMaster® – Associated Accessories

Part #: 19366656

The Single Front Camera System by EchoMaster® helps reduce the visibility “dead zone” ahead of the vehicle to mere inches. When driving off-road, it helps improve visibility on incline maneuvers and at the top of crests. This unique system also helps improve visibility in tight parking/maneuvering situations. Not a substitute for safe driving or watching the road directly. (EchoMaster warranty disclaimer.) Non-GM warranty. Warranty by EchoMaster® (Power Brand of AAMP Global) provides a 3-year, 36,000-mile manufacturer's warranty. For more information contact your dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
His would be great! Wondering if this can be added and tie into the existing system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
While it might make it hassle free to order it with a truck, Im positive you can find a similar camera that does the same thing for half that price. Geez...... they think when your ordering a new vehicle that money is no object. :surprise:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While it might make it hassle free to order it with a truck, Im positive you can find a similar camera that does the same thing for half that price. Geez...... they think when your ordering a new vehicle that money is no object. :surprise:

I agree the price is ridiculous. But if it comes with the trailering camera controller that can tie in 3 other cameras and it can display on the factory head unit. It’s worth it to me.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I just bought a pair of cameras and small screen for under $50 shipped. The reason I bought 2 cameras: one to mount on the rear headrest to point at my kids in their car seats to be able to see them both (both are still rear facing), the other to go in the grille for front view while parking or off road.
The screen I bought has two inputs, and when power comes on to one of them it auto switches to that view. So, I plan on plugging the baby camera in the "running" input, and the front camera on a switch so that I can choose when to have the screen auto switch to that input.
I still have to figure out mounting (I'll 3D print some brackets), and wiring (already have that planned).
The EchoMaster system is nice that it can be dealer installed (although that adds to the cost), and it's nice it integrates on the mylink screen. When someone gets it installed, I am curious to see what their experience is.

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
Does anyone have install instructions for the echomaster single camera?
Thanks
If you go to ECHOMASTER website, you can plug in the make/model and for Twins you get this page that includes sme links for instructions. Does this help?

IntelliHaul for Colorado and Canyon with Standard Side Mirrors - EchoMaster

If this was a wee bit less expensive, I might just bite. One feature I love about my wife's Rogue is the surround view camera system. I think you could train a chimp to park a car with those cameras. Adding the 4th camera out the front is the icing on the cake.

There is a suggestion of an install video, but doesn't seem to be working.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just bought a pair of cameras and small screen for under $50 shipped. The reason I bought 2 cameras: one to mount on the rear headrest to point at my kids in their car seats to be able to see them both (both are still rear facing), the other to go in the grille for front view while parking or off road.
The screen I bought has two inputs, and when power comes on to one of them it auto switches to that view. So, I plan on plugging the baby camera in the "running" input, and the front camera on a switch so that I can choose when to have the screen auto switch to that input.
I still have to figure out mounting (I'll 3D print some brackets), and wiring (already have that planned).
The EchoMaster system is nice that it can be dealer installed (although that adds to the cost), and it's nice it integrates on the mylink screen. When someone gets it installed, I am curious to see what their experience is.
Hey there. I'm looking to add a small screen as well. Can I ask what type of screen you purchased? Any details would be a great help.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hey there. I'm looking to add a small screen as well. Can I ask what type of screen you purchased? Any details would be a great help.
I bought a cheap one from Amazon, but I want to try it out for a bit before I recommend it. It is a 5" LCD, and there are plenty of them available. The one I bought has decent reviews.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally got the front camera for the echo master system installed I have he side cameras but have not had a chance to mount them yet. The front camera works great. It’s real nice when climbing and descending hills.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
119 Posts
I installed purchased the following echomaster parts the controller is the same as the 5 camera intellihaul system. Paid $700 which is steep I know but I like the integration with the factory head unit.

Controller MCI-GM51
Front PCAM-10I
Side PCAM-BS1

https://echomaster.com/catalog/pac-camera-interfaces/mci-gm51?search_query=mcigm5&results=2

How was the installation? I've been looking at this as well but was hesitant about ripping apart the dash of my brand new Colorado.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How was the installation? I've been looking at this as well but was hesitant about ripping apart the dash of my brand new Colorado.

Install was pretty straight forward pretty much followed this video for the controller and front camera. Will need to make a few modifications when I do the side cameras as I bought regular cameras the caps only come in chrome. I do with the mci-gm52 came with the mounting bracket and not just zip ties and foam. I may see if they sell the bracket separately.

My wife was a little shocked when she came out to the garage and saw the whole dash apart. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought the whole system, wireless back camera and mirror caps plus front camera just haven't had the chance to install. I want to get mirror caps painted and think I will wait for warmer weather. It seems to be a really nice system.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
My wife was a little shocked when she came out to the garage and saw the whole dash apart. :)
My wife was actually in tears. My truck was less than a week old and she came out to find the entire interior (door panels, dash and all) laying in the garage and driveway for me to do my stereo install. >:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
EchoMaster Way Over Priced

I just bought a pair of cameras and small screen for under $50 shipped.

Which brand monitor & cameras did you select?
Was your selection totally based on price or some thing else?
Where did you decide to place the monitor?

Any in use experience to report yet? Many of the reviews for lower cost cameras reference early life failure and vibration problems.
I'm considering the same type of purchase.
One camera for tight spot parking, one for trailer blind spot.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Trying to find a front camera that integrates with the stock 8" IO6. I'm wanting the GM version because I like the price and the thought of GM in GM.

BUT, I can't figure out if I buy it and install myself does it have to go to a dealer and be programmed or not???

Read through the thread and looked at links and not much help. Anyone know the answers? Part number to the correct one for a single front camera only? And is it plug and play with no programming?

TIA

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.