Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just given a 2018 Canyon SLE as a loaner truck. On the way home I noticed it had a camera icon next to the text icon on the infotainment screen. Tapping the camera button gave me a view of the rear camera for 8 seconds. A count down timer appeared in the top right corner, similar to Snapchat. I thought I saw a trailer icon on the display so it possibly gives additional info with a trailer.

I'm hoping there is some way I can update my 2017 software to have this. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Gen5Diy is working on it should be ready next week. Same program for the front camera install just without the front camera. The icon will be loaded into the new HMI that will allow you to view the rear camera while you are driving.

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
Gen5Diy is working on it should be ready next week. Same program for the front camera install just without the front camera. The icon will be loaded into the new HMI that will allow you to view the rear camera while you are driving.
Will that work on 2015 thru 2018?

The entertainment system went thru some changes in 2016? to enable Carplay, lost the rewind capability on the radio.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I hate to ask what that's going to cost? Not to dog on the guy, I bought his DRL harness and am very happy with it, and his service is 5 star. But that other camera mod seems sky high for price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
I hate to ask what that's going to cost? Not to dog on the guy, I bought his DRL harness and am very happy with it, and his service is 5 star. But that other camera mod seems sky high for price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I agree this needs to have a better price point. It will.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.