Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
So does that intake # actually work on a ZR2?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
The 17 V6 engine cover has the air intake pipe cast as part of the cover. There are CAI that replace the cover and there are Air Boxes that replace the oem box and keep the engine cover. I just put a K&N in the oem box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 17 V6 engine cover has the air intake pipe cast as part of the cover. There are CAI that replace the cover and there are Air Boxes that replace the oem box and keep the engine cover. I just put a K&N in the oem box.
How has the k&n filter been for you? I use to have a 17 z71 with cold air intake from k&n. I just traded it in for zr2.
Have you noticed any differences with just the filter?

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Yes, what he said ^^^^^^^

Use some common sense and look at the K&N. (and most others) How is a big opening on the top of the thing and a crappy shroud around it going to get cold air. Cold air from under the hood? Oh please.........

Reactions: G2SKIER

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
This always killed me on the duramax forum. The stock 06-07 lbz duramax intake supports 500-550 whp. Seeing people pay $300 for something that lets more dirt in didn't make much sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
^^^^^^^^And you might also end up needing their 'Check engine light' t-shirt.....

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
99 Posts
What I am seeing when I look at a lot of these CAIs they are drawing air from the same small fender air inlet. The K&N round filters look to have the same amount filter surface as a stock filter. I think a true CAI upgrade would involve a larger fender air inlet to provide more air for the filter to draw from with a larger scoop in the finder then install any style filter you prefer in your stock air box.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
What I am seeing when I look at a lot of these CAIs they are drawing air from the same small fender air inlet. The K&N round filters look to have the same amount filter surface as a stock filter. I think a true CAI upgrade would involve a larger fender air inlet to provide more air for the filter to draw from with a larger scoop in the finder then install any style filter you prefer in your stock air box.
The s&b has an included optional scoop that gets additional air from the fender holes below the coolant tank. But the 2017 version is not out yet.

·
Registered
141 Posts
When I see dyno numbers for the S&B I'll consider it. Currently I don't think any air intake is going to provide a measurable gain for this truck right now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.