Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Colorado
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all I am Chris. I am starting the modding process on my 2017 2wd 2.5. Its stock as of now, except the GM OEM remote start I had installed. I am thinking about the following. Any and all opinions and comments are welcome. I will also update this thread as things get installed.

Remote Start ✅
Supreme Suspensions 2 Inch level and front lean spacer ✅
front air dam delete ✅
GM bison grill
GM ZR2 sliders ✅
Tailgate assist ✅
Wheel Spacers ✅
Larger tires ✅

·
Registered
2017 Colorado
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sliders are nice but they really don't offer any step feature. There are other sliders that also stick out some to provide a step assist.
Thats exactly why I like them. I had a Silverado as a loaner recently and realized the step is not needed. I more or less want to hide the pinch weld.

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts
Looking forward to watching the build!

Reactions: Evofire34

·
Registered
2017 Colorado
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered my tail gate assist last night and a special ratchet tool to help with front air dam removal. Next will either be the new grill, or the front struts and driver side lean level spacer.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Thats exactly why I like them. I had a Silverado as a loaner recently and realized the step is not needed. I more or less want to hide the pinch weld.
Spray it black with Truck Bed Coating Spray. What many are doing. Some go body color spray. As far as tailgate assist, you will have to go with aftermarket, since the OEM is built into the tailgate at assembly. Cannot add.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado wt
38 Posts
I painted my pinch weld with some black bedliner paint. It's a nice optical illusion as it blends into the undercarriage now.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I painted my pinch weld with some black bedliner paint. It's a nice optical illusion as it blends into the undercarriage now.
I don't want to just paint the pinch welds. I am going to use spray on liner on the sliders when I get them. It will look pretty nice. I already have a line on a set os used ones.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado wt
38 Posts
E5B90CFD-0A92-4A24-93CD-CBC362943D20.jpeg Yea I got you. They wil look good. I did the same. Painted them with bed liner then put on the IArmor running boards. Dirty right now. AE2D57FB-98F6-4818-955C-5CA8E2694183.jpeg

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
I don't want to just paint the pinch welds. I am going to use spray on liner on the sliders when I get them. It will look pretty nice. I already have a line on a set os used ones.
Make sure you get the brackets and all hardware with them, because if you have to by it separate, it is very expensive. If not included, pass on them.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got my DeeZee tailgate assist in the mail today. Just took 11 minutes to install it. Here are a few pictures. This is the kit designed for Colorados and Canyons. It was super easy to install with basic tools. The tailgate now drops effortlessly, and slow and controlled. The kit is DZ43105.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Colorado
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Make sure you get the brackets and all hardware with them, because if you have to by it separate, it is very expensive. If not included, pass on them.
It is the whole package. Its my next purchase.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Front air dam is removed. Took about 45 minutes. Removed it and swapped orientation on two screws so they go up instead of down.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Colorado
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today was a good day. I woke up and my bank account had been stimulated so I paid for my ZR2 rock sliders, ordered the Supreme Suspension 2 inch level kit and chevy lean spacer, (called to ask questions and the lady only charged me 100 bucks SHIPPED for them) and will be picking up wheel spacers later. I'll have a fun day coming up in a few weekends.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Colorado
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Evofire34 Hey bud, regarding this:

Was the install difficult? My tailgate has the ez lift tailgate feature which allowed the tailgate to drop slowly but that doesn't really do the job anymore. I open my bed a lot and hate the clunk.
It was super simple. Only took 10 minutes. The required hole is already in the tailgate panel. Simply install the nut-sert and then bolt the parts on.

Honestly it took more time to unpackage it and take all the pictures.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It sure does. Mine didn't have anything from the factory so this is a God send for me. I only found out about this because of a loaner GM gave me. Makes the gate drop super controlled and steady.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts